• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran slowdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bitchy or not, why is the F/O's sex relevant? How did you know it was the F/O?

Because in the background, the Captain told her to "shut up and fix me a turkey pot-pie".

That's how. Mystery solved . . . Feel better now? :laugh:

Last edited:
I applaud AirTran's safety effort. Make sure you thoroughly understand and brief those new coded taxi routes in ATL. ;-)

Saw a 737 while waiting for at H1 in mco, I heard the same thing from tower. We had to laugh, the CA said "single eng. taxi, I think the APU is pushing them"

That 100k thingy has to be funny math, college friend on 5th yr pay doesn't think he'll break 70 this year.

At 11 year pay at Delta, 737, around $110 hr and I will not break 100k this year. We have become middle class more so than ever over the past decade. Generations of pilots that proceeded us made significantly more when adjusted for inflation. Never feel guilty about what you make, feel underappreciated and underpaid!

....and yet those of us who made a career at the regionals making 100K with choice of schedule are ridiculed....4 years at Air Tran still wouldn't even come close to what those of us who made a career at ASA are making.....Maybe it's time to quit looking at the size of aircraft...It's hurting ALL of us....

Dunno, is this before or after Skywest parks all of your airplanes, furloughs all of your pilots, and offers you a spot on the bottom of their list?

Working for sub-sub-contractor has its drawbacks....

Nu

6 years and just last week TA'ed two sections=WOW Eventually these pilots at AT will figure up how much money they are losing, and will start demanding the same pay !!!

Fly safe out there !

Escpeicially when the average Airtran pilot is making well over 100k.

Even if that were true, it would still be a disgrace.

AirTran captains are making 2001 FO wages. AirTran FO's are making lav truck driver wages.

In the mean time, I'll keep on doing my thing, and ONLY my thing, and I'll do it slowly and safely. If ATC has an issue with it, I offer to pull aside and let others pass. They have yet to take me up on that offer though.

We have become middle class more so than ever over the past decade. Generations of pilots that proceeded us made significantly more when adjusted for inflation. Never feel guilty about what you make, feel underappreciated and underpaid!

That is very much worth repeating!!

Thank You Mr. 800Dog.

Latest resources

Back