• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran slowdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....and yet those of us who made a career at the regionals making 100K with choice of schedule are ridiculed....4 years at Air Tran still wouldn't even come close to what those of us who made a career at ASA are making.....Maybe it's time to quit looking at the size of aircraft...It's hurting ALL of us....

I was behind a Air Tran 737 this afternoon in Vegas........really was going slow......Good for you guys and gals (and all the other pilots trying to get management to pay us a realistic wage)

....and yet those of us who made a career at the regionals making 100K with choice of schedule are ridiculed....4 years at Air Tran still wouldn't even come close to what those of us who made a career at ASA are making.....Maybe it's time to quit looking at the size of aircraft...It's hurting ALL of us....

For me, a bad day at AirTran is still better than a good day at ASA.

5th year pay at $72 an hour * 80 hours CREDIT per month (960 hours per year including vacation pay) = $5,760 per month = $69,120.

Your friend is correct.

That really sucks buffalo balls!!!

Boy am I happy with my situation. >$100K at 5th yr pay and a much smaller plane. Keep fighting the fight and demand more pay guys.

Good luck and hope it gets better.

I'm glad you were able to use our FO's 2001 wages to help justify your own career decisions, but 4th yr pay was about $120K here, up until a couple of years ago, when the upgrades stopped. . . . Nothing to brag about, but definitely better than the other side of Concourse C.

i'm on 5th year pay at the ATrain and I am nowhere near 100K... "but don't worry about f/o pay, you'll upgrade in 3 years....."

Ahhh, your management loves to hear this!

They don't need to hear it because my Union speaks for me. As for my time at After School Airlines, it was fun and I worked with some great people, but I have no regrets about leaving.

I actually had some bitchy female F/O in an AA MD80 snap at me on the radio in DFW to "Pick it up" . . . . I was laughing so hard, I had to almost come to a complete stop . . . oh, the irony of it all . . .

Bitchy or not, why is the F/O's sex relevant? How did you know it was the F/O?

I actually had some bitchy female F/O in an AA MD80 snap at me on the radio in DFW to "Pick it up" . . . . I was laughing so hard, I had to almost come to a complete stop . . . oh, the irony of it all . . .

That would have been an awfully unfortunate time to be trying to turn left while the FO "accidentally" kicks the right rudder pedal while trying to adjust their seat. ;)

Latest resources

Back