• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

AirTran slowdown?

Benjamin Dover

Total Time
10K +
Any grassroots slowdown going on at Airtran? Twice in last few days we've been behind AirTran taxiing and they were reallllly slow. MCO tower even gave them sh!t for it yesterday - "Citrus, if you're having any troubles I can put you somewhere until you sort it out" .... "Everything's fine, we're just taxiing safely" was the reply. :( Personal $ program or other agenda?

scarlet

Total Time
I guess everyone trying to make up for the difference in pay, from the Alaska and Jetblue and everyone else contract. If airtran could open MCO and BWI bases, then they could save I believe its like 90,000 a month for hotels in MCO and almost that in BWI...

5 days sitting with the company this month...we will see how the pilot group reacts when we know more from the table...

ualdriver

Total Time
13Kish
It's surprising to see all the singe-engine taxi'ers out there...You'd think there would be a lot less of that, seeing how mostly everyone is so pissed off.

instructordude

Playing with Fire
Total Time
A slow down in todays economic environment is not good. Escpeicially when the average Airtran pilot is making well over 100k.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
A slow down in todays economic environment is not good. Escpeicially when the average Airtran pilot is making well over 100k.

Now that's some funny sh!t right there!

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
I actually had some bitchy female F/O in an AA MD80 snap at me on the radio in DFW to "Pick it up" . . . . I was laughing so hard, I had to almost come to a complete stop . . . oh, the irony of it all . . .

Last edited:

airlinepilot

Total Time
Now that is funny....a AA pilot telling anyone to taxi faster . Last time I checked AA aircraft only move a few feet every hour.

a320drivr

Total Time
I maintain a constant 30kts. I wanna get to the hotel. Airplane knarks on you at 32kts.

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Total Time
I actually had some bitchy female F/O in an AA MD80 snap at me on the radio in DFW to "Pick it up" . . . . I was laughing so hard, I had to almost come to a complete stop . . . oh, the irony of it all . . .

I found that after a bitchy female F/O response on the radio a simple click of the mic followed by either one of these response shuts them up.

1. A long "Meeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooowwwww" sound.
2. Or saying, "Here Kittttttty, Kittttty".

Try it, seems to work for me.

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
Any grassroots slowdown going on at Airtran? Twice in last few days we've been behind AirTran taxiing and they were reallllly slow. MCO tower even gave them sh!t for it yesterday - "Citrus, if you're having any troubles I can put you somewhere until you sort it out" .... "Everything's fine, we're just taxiing safely" was the reply. :( Personal $ program or other agenda?

Saw a 737 while waiting for at H1 in mco, I heard the same thing from tower. We had to laugh, the CA said "single eng. taxi, I think the APU is pushing them"

That 100k thingy has to be funny math, college friend on 5th yr pay doesn't think he'll break 70 this year.

airline#5

Total Time
2 much
Saw a 737 while waiting for at H1 in mco, I heard the same thing from tower. We had to laugh, the CA said "single eng. taxi, I think the APU is pushing them"

That 100k thingy has to be funny math, college friend on 5th yr pay doesn't think he'll break 70 this year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

He won't unless he's a whore during contact neg. (that will apparently never end). My 4th yr pay will not crack 60k this yr. Sad indeed.

Lear70

JAFFO
Total Time
4abeer
5th year pay at $72 an hour * 80 hours CREDIT per month (960 hours per year including vacation pay) = $5,760 per month = $69,120.

Your friend is correct.

SteelerMan

Total Time
Next time tower has anything to say about taxi speed, kindly ask if there is an emergency, offer to get out of the way if there is, and if not, tell them to STFU.

Dashcaptain

Total Time
13500+
Average pilot here making over $100k, must not be including fos in that calculation. I am one and not even close to that.

redflyer65

Total Time
I've seen AA numerous times gradually role all the way to the very end of the runway too after landing, especially if no one is behind them..

Funny stuff. AA management needs to get a clue.