AirTran slowdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Benjamin Dover

Any grassroots slowdown going on at Airtran? Twice in last few days we've been behind AirTran taxiing and they were reallllly slow. MCO tower even gave them sh!t for it yesterday - "Citrus, if you're having any troubles I can put you somewhere until you sort it out" .... "Everything's fine, we're just taxiing safely" was the reply. :( Personal $ program or other agenda?

I guess everyone trying to make up for the difference in pay, from the Alaska and Jetblue and everyone else contract. If airtran could open MCO and BWI bases, then they could save I believe its like 90,000 a month for hotels in MCO and almost that in BWI...

5 days sitting with the company this month...we will see how the pilot group reacts when we know more from the table...

It's surprising to see all the singe-engine taxi'ers out there...You'd think there would be a lot less of that, seeing how mostly everyone is so pissed off.

A slow down in todays economic environment is not good. Escpeicially when the average Airtran pilot is making well over 100k.

A slow down in todays economic environment is not good. Escpeicially when the average Airtran pilot is making well over 100k.

Now that's some funny sh!t right there!

I actually had some bitchy female F/O in an AA MD80 snap at me on the radio in DFW to "Pick it up" . . . . I was laughing so hard, I had to almost come to a complete stop . . . oh, the irony of it all . . .

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back