• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran slowdown?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that is funny....a AA pilot telling anyone to taxi faster . Last time I checked AA aircraft only move a few feet every hour.

I actually had some bitchy female F/O in an AA MD80 snap at me on the radio in DFW to "Pick it up" . . . . I was laughing so hard, I had to almost come to a complete stop . . . oh, the irony of it all . . .

I found that after a bitchy female F/O response on the radio a simple click of the mic followed by either one of these response shuts them up.

1. A long "Meeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooowwwww" sound.
2. Or saying, "Here Kittttttty, Kittttty".

Try it, seems to work for me.

Any grassroots slowdown going on at Airtran? Twice in last few days we've been behind AirTran taxiing and they were reallllly slow. MCO tower even gave them sh!t for it yesterday - "Citrus, if you're having any troubles I can put you somewhere until you sort it out" .... "Everything's fine, we're just taxiing safely" was the reply. :( Personal $ program or other agenda?

Saw a 737 while waiting for at H1 in mco, I heard the same thing from tower. We had to laugh, the CA said "single eng. taxi, I think the APU is pushing them"

That 100k thingy has to be funny math, college friend on 5th yr pay doesn't think he'll break 70 this year.

Saw a 737 while waiting for at H1 in mco, I heard the same thing from tower. We had to laugh, the CA said "single eng. taxi, I think the APU is pushing them"

That 100k thingy has to be funny math, college friend on 5th yr pay doesn't think he'll break 70 this year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

He won't unless he's a whore during contact neg. (that will apparently never end). My 4th yr pay will not crack 60k this yr. Sad indeed.

5th year pay at $72 an hour * 80 hours CREDIT per month (960 hours per year including vacation pay) = $5,760 per month = $69,120.

Your friend is correct.

Next time tower has anything to say about taxi speed, kindly ask if there is an emergency, offer to get out of the way if there is, and if not, tell them to STFU.

Average pilot here making over $100k, must not be including fos in that calculation. I am one and not even close to that.

I've seen AA numerous times gradually role all the way to the very end of the runway too after landing, especially if no one is behind them..

Funny stuff. AA management needs to get a clue.

Latest resources

Back