• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran SCH assigns all open time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get the whole point but besides taking a stand and showing your opinion on the matter, what did the guy really prove by denying him the seat? He backs his fellow pilots, it's wrong they're on the street,etc ,etc

Beyond that what did it accomplish? Wonder what Floy had to offer at the gate...

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance but I have a question. How can captains pick up time in the right seat? At my regional, once you upgrade, you are no longer right seat qual'd. Only check airman can sit in the right seat.
Everyone has their own opinions about picking up open time with guys/gals on furlough, but captains picking up open time in the right seat with people furloughed is a whole different ball game. Airtran was a place i thought I wanted to end up one day. But, after reading about mgmt wanting to fire all the new hires as opposed to furloughing them, scumbag captains sitting in the right seat and all the scabs that are are there, Im realizing what a dirt bag organization Airtran is. What a bummer. I was really hoping to get on there one day.

Forgive my ignorance but I have a question. How can captains pick up time in the right seat? At my regional, once you upgrade, you are no longer right seat qual'd. Only check airman can sit in the right seat.
Everyone has their own opinions about picking up open time with guys/gals on furlough, but captains picking up open time in the right seat with people furloughed is a whole different ball game. Airtran was a place i thought I wanted to end up one day. But, after reading about mgmt wanting to fire all the new hires as opposed to furloughing them, scumbag captains sitting in the right seat and all the scabs that are are there, Im realizing what a dirt bag organization Airtran is. What a bummer. I was really hoping to get on there one day.

All of our Captains have to get the annual right seat qualification. They do not have to fly the seat, its totally up to them. Not many do, what you here on this board is a few rouge incidents perhaps. As far as the number of SCABS on the property ,,, less than 2% ,far less number than that of Continental, United so that argument gets a little tiresome to hear. As far as managements tactics, ,,, your right on. But other than SWA tell me what other management group treat thier pilots with respect and I'll apply right now! If you base your career decisions on what is said on this board you might as well make a career at where you are at.

Latest resources

Back