• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran SCH assigns all open time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well--still nice thing to not let your employees trip trade, as they have done for years now.....Just another thumb to your employees=

SWEET MGT. TEAM---I think all MGT teams need to talk to Gordon Bethune and how to run an airline, only person in the last 15 years that actually knew what was going on..........

I think scheduling has been dolling out open time to reserves for years. Thats why we need to get some sort of transparency in our next contract. (whenever that may be )I just checked my sched,, nope still on Rsv. I agree that we have plenty to cover the sick calls, we went from aprox 40 lines of rsv to aprox 90 and with reduce flying for the month of Sept. (737 CA) I have been assigned once this month to fly the couch for 6hours,,,,can I log that?

I think people like Capt. Dave B,,(I still don't know who that is) are far and few between. We have a good pilot group that are doing the right thing day in and day out.

I for one owe that Captain a beer for having the grapes to go to bat like that. I wonder if Floy walked all the way to his gate to meet him upon his arrival back at ATL like he did to the last captain?

This is the second time I've head of a captain sticking his neck out to do the right thing.

I officially owe them each at least a beer.

UNITY! UNITY! UNITY!

Hey I am on the street too --I tried to pick up trips within the 24 hours of checkin, and was told no in June,July, and Aug.

For lineholders now=THEY CAN NOT TRADE ANYTHING !!

So with reserves having trips=would be funny if alot of people called in sick. Where would the reserves be???

Hey scarlet

Sorry to bag on a fellow furlough guy, my bad. My point is I have never seen a pilot group go so far above and beyond for a company day in and day out even though the company $hits on them for their efforts. Good luck in the next couple weeks, there is a huge screw job coming.

...I wonder if Floy walked all the way to his gate to meet him upon his arrival back at ATL like he did to the last captain?

I was wondering if that Captain was going to be diciplined or "spoken to" for something like "denying transportation (J/S) to a crewmember positioning for a trip".

Seems like the way things are going at AAI these days.

Anybody think the company is going to try to throw a decent enough proposal tomorrow to try to get 50.1% of the vote. Company may want to get this contract settled quickly as the reduced capacity environment plus dropping oil prices may make for a pretty decent earning potential for 2009.

They may figure our pilots would overall settle for less when we are losing money than if we were making profits again. Recently, most analyst talk has been if the airlines have enough liquidity to make it through the next 18 months. But if oil keeps going down, there will be alot more talk about the return to profitability which obviously increases expectations.

Last edited:
Yeah rumor was Floy met the flight......

Capt. took a stand and say it is not right people are at home, with no job, no healthcare, and ruining their credit....Don't know this cpt. yet but will find out...

I was wondering if that Captain was going to be diciplined or "spoken to" for something like "denying transportation (J/S) to a crewmember positioning for a trip".

Seems like the way things are going at AAI these days.

Nothing in the FOM requiring the Captain to do that. That is unless the guy in question is also a Fed or a Secret Service agent. The guy had a seat in back and gave it up.

Latest resources

Back