• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My 3 Voting Criteria.

1. Good for me individually.
2. Good for the company.
3. Good for the Pilot Group as a whole (including the new-hires and new hired yet to arrive).

Newhire Question: Am I reading this right?

1. This contract really cuts new hire pay scale back to 2003 level.
2. Under this TA, new hire pilots will have to wait another Month until they're eligible for health coverage

*I always thought that it would be a great move by the company to provide health coverage starting at date of hire for all pilots. "We're really glad you're here ar AirTran, so when you're in training, don't worry if someone in your family gets sick or injured, because you and your family have access to health coverage starting right now!" I always thought this would be a very classy move for both the company and the NPA.

My son broke his hand playing football while I was in Miami for training. Under the current contract, my son was covered under AirTran's health coverage. Under the new TA, I would have had to make other arrangements, likely upping my stress level alot more than it did.

Maybe I'm completely in the minority with this one, but taking care of the newhires is an important thing to me.

You read correct, kemosabe.

An extra month of not having to pay insurance for new-hires, along with the draconian pay cut for 1st year pilots and regional airline reserve rules.

It's nice to see other guys not willing to sell their new-hires out for small gains in pay like other airlines have done. Hopefully we continue to remember the lessons of other airlines...

I overheard one senior captain in the crewroom state that he is voting yes because he want to get the signing bonus before he retires. Since there will not be a new aggreement before his last flight. I guess he would rather have the signing bonus than medical coverage.

Unless he has medical insurance through his spouse, that's pretty stupid.

The signing bonus maxes out at $7,937. divided by 48 (the number of months you would have no co-premiums paid by the company under the new T.A. before being eligible for Medicaire), gives you $165.34.

I guarantee you that COBRA rates are higher than $165 bucks a month for a 60+ year old guy, even in decent shape.

Maybe he didn't understand the medical insurance concessions,,,?

Maybe I'm completely in the minority with this one, but taking care of the newhires is an important thing to me.

I'm with you on this one. No way can I talk my friends into coming over here with what is in the TA, or anyone else for that matter. If we want quality people here then we should take care of the newhires. At least give them what we have currently.

Anybody get time off for their TA No Way tags yet ?

That not saying much..... better looking than FLB717 ?

Latest resources

Back