AirTran Reports Loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bskin,

Dude, there are ways to deal with things like this (if I read your post correctly). This fourm is not one of them. Do yourself a favor and delete the personal stuff.....

I don't know him (or you), but I agree, and I also believe it's a violation of the forum rules to post all the information you'd need to identify someone; you might want to retract it before Longhorn or someone else gets on and chastises you for it.

Incidentally, I can't tell from your run-on statement exactly what it is you think he "did" to you, other than be a smart*ss that you were getting downline drafted? Maybe he had to keep flying and wasn't elligible? I wouldn't say he "ratted" you out or anything... or did we miss something?

Yesterday was really, really tight on 717 staffing, they were desperate for people. 3 days ago there were over 20 flights in open time just for that seat, about 7 of them being CDO's.

I used it to my advantage to trade two days off on the 29th and 30th for one extra day working yesterday (sorry you still got drafted, hope you made it home still), same pay, and now I'm starting 7 days off in a row. Swweeeeet. :)

I love this place! On reserve, dropped down to 15 days off, all commutable, still 85 credit hours. Better than being a line holder at Pinnacle! :D

Incidentally, got the NPA e-newsletter last night and, from the tone of it, sounds like we might start making some real progress (I know, I can hope, can't I?) So it doesn't sound like that report impacted our negotiations that much at all...

Yeah, my bad. Shouldn't have posted the partial id# and partial name! Too late to delete. Still not cool on his part, and had no time to take it up with him as he was in the fwd lav for many minutes and was still there when I left the plane, and was rushed off by the crew tracker, and had 25 minutes to departure. Another good run-on sentence grammar folks.

Yesterday was really, really tight on 717 staffing, they were desperate for people. 3 days ago there were over 20 flights in open time just for that seat, about 7 of them being CDO's.

Incidentally, got the NPA e-newsletter last night and, from the tone of it, sounds like we might start making some real progress (I know, I can hope, can't I?) So it doesn't sound like that report impacted our negotiations that much at all...

I haven't seen that newsletter yet, but I hope you're right. The guy I flew with yesterday, after being drafted, flew the NPA Pres. (no names) the other day to wherever they were negotiating. The Pres, according to this Capt, was hopeful that things were starting to move along in negotiations. We'll see!

I agree that something (FO manning) was screwed up yesterday. I called skeds prior to getting on the plane to get assured I would get the draft pay credited for that day and not deducted to my 2 hour day, the day prior. Didn't get that assurance, but printed up crewtime report and so far so good.

Anyone else digging the SAP-2 on FLICA? A lot easier than the fax's or e-mails. Also, anyone know if open-time will be on FLICA in NOV?

The crew schedulers told me FLICA for trip trade is supposed to be active for pilots as of this morning...

Haven't tried it yet to find out.

Like befuddled toddlers whose lollipop has just been taken away from them, they stand, wide-eyed, tensed up, wailing irrationally. No understanding, no reason, no logic can invade their cloud of confusion about why life is so unfair.

THAT is funny!

BINGO!

If the pay rates on the (eventual) T.A. don't at least have current book plus COLA over its entire duration AT LEAST equal to or better than the average rise in the Consumer Price Index or adjusted inflation rates, it's an automatic "NO" vote for me, as long as the company continues to post even a MODEST profit or even breaks even.

That's shooting waaay low if you ask me.

Based on the expectations of the pilots around here, I can safely cast my NO vote today.

ALK: CEO pay= 479K
CFO pay= 274K

JBLU: CEO pay= 200K

FRNT: CEO pay= 276K
CFO pay= 186K

CAL: CEO pay= 752K
CFO pay= 375K

AMR: CEO pay= 526K

AAI: CEO pay= 990K with 4.3M exercised options.
CFO pay= 359K with 754K exercised options

How much of that "MODEST" profit is a direct result of the pilots going above and beyond? SE taxi, calling ops for catering, cleaning, gates. Asking for shortcuts, saving minor write ups for MX stations, and generally giving a sh!t. Not any more, not me.

If it makes you feel any better, our CEO just exercised over 13Mil in stock options last week.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back