• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Reports Loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A loss is a wash? I though breaking even was a wash? As to those cheap fares who started the fare war? Was it not AAI that had the catering trucks with "if this truck is not parked at your plane you are paying too much"?

How will this impact the contract talks?

Interesting, you must have noticed those trucks in ATL, probably during your commute to ORD. My guess, you were a former rEAL that got on with United? You probably stayed in the original airline communities like Tucker or Stone Mountain, possibly you moved to Lake Lanier? Now I understand your bitterness, having a constant reminder of a terrible time when you commute to work must be tough.

A loss is a wash? I though breaking even was a wash?

It's a wash because we have been profitable every year for the last six years. Did this really need explaining?

As to those cheap fares who started the fare war? Was it not AAI that had the catering trucks with "if this truck is not parked at your plane you are paying too much"?

What fare war? What alternate reality are you living in? AirTran is making money every year . . . howsabout yer airline?

How will this impact the contract talks?

About as little as your disappearance from this board would impact my life.

Here's another one of their conceited slogans (dont quote me):

"Every airline uses the same gas, so why do the others charge more?"

Well I guess because the others actually like turning a dang profit. $90 avg fare and you guys charge jumpseaters, might as well just call it "RyanAirAmerica."

We might as well call it "Another airline that won't be employing your ignorant @ss" . . . . I'll put a call in to Marketing.

If you haven't noticed, this airline makes money, while growing at over 20% a year, for each of the last 6 years.

When we need advice, though, we'll be sure to solicit input from a mindless, masturbating moron such as yourself . . . when we can pry you away from your EM4, that I am sure you are only flying for the highest of wages.

Last edited:
Like befuddled toddlers whose lollipop has just been taken away from them, they stand, wide-eyed, tensed up, wailing irrationally. No understanding, no reason, no logic can invade their cloud of confusion about why life is so unfair.

The way I read it, AirTran is still 23.1 million in the black for the year.

Fletch

SAP 2 trades are being awarded- my first one was at 1224.

Hmmm . . . 17 days off, Thanksgiving off, couple of weekends off . . . yeah, it sucks to be a 5th year 737 Captain at AirTran.

Guess I'll go find a dog to kick . . . ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back