• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Reports Loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you guys at Airtran hit a home-run and get substantial payraises, more money to your DB plan, and whatever else you are shooting for.

This industry (and career) is all about median (or industry standard) pay. The health of the piloting profession rests on each individual carrier to raise the bar (even a little bit). This will trickle down to future negotiations at other carriers.

A good percentage of company profits need to be in our pockets! Go get 'em Critters and hopefully all other carriers will follow in the coming years!

Abe44

That's shooting waaay low if you ask me.

Based on the expectations of the pilots around here, I can safely cast my NO vote today.
Oh I agree, and I'd LOVE to see more, I was just making a blanket statement about not accepting anything LESS than current book plus COLA while our management keeps making money yet asking for concessions.

I was in the crew room last month and overheard one of the union officials saying something about how our rates will probably go up, but we'd have to get rid of some work rules like Min day, duty rig, etc in exchange for it.

I have one word for that... HORSESH*T!

I'm certain I misheard him as I didn't have time to stop and clarify, and I know I'm new, and I'm not trying to tell the NC how to run negotiations, but I came here for a REASON, which was excellent work rules, decent pay, and decent quality of life.

If ANY of those declines, I have no interest in working here any longer, it's that simple.

I would PREFER to make this my last stop in my airline career. I hope that's possible and it doesn't get screwed up somehow.

Thanks to the NPA volunteers for all their time and hard work. Having volunteered extensively for our MEC at my last carrier, I know how thankless a job it sometime is!

OhI was in the crew room last month and overheard one of the union officials saying something about how our rates will probably go up, but we'd have to get rid of some work rules like Min day, duty rig, etc in exchange for it.

There is one guy on the BOD in particular that has his sights set pretty low, it was probably him.

Personally, I'm prepared to give up nothing, and the longer they drag this out, the higher my expectations get!!

............ and the longer they drag this out, the higher my expectations get!!

And your retro check too.;) Keep on 'em! :uzi:

Well I guess it could be worse, I'm sure you'll be profitable for the year, but that only accounts for $1.5M of a $4.3M loss for the third quarter, a quarter in which you had a $1M profit last year. Fuel was high last year also. What else happened to account for a $5.3M swing from profitability to a loss?

Last year we didn't have to deal with a knee-jerk reaction from the TSA over liquids in carry-on's. That one bone-headed move is what caused this quarter's loss.

The incompetency of this government has no limits.

Last year we didn't have to deal with a knee-jerk reaction from the TSA over liquids in carry-on's. That one bone-headed move is what caused this quarter's loss.

Think it's bad now? Wait until Pelosi and her goons take over. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Ty Webb, how can you say pay raises are justified now that you are losing money and the legacies are after you?

Once again TheGuat shows his vast knowledge of the aviation industry??

O.K., I can accept that. Although I wouldn't necessarily refer to their reaction as a "bone-headed move", it probably made sense given the potential threat of liquid explosions at the time.

Imagine what we would be saying about the TSA if they had not immediately banned liquids in carry-on baggage, once the threat and plot had been discovered, and an aircraft would have gone down because a liquid explosive had been smuggled on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back