• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran recalls some furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are forgetting something aren't you. Read section 6 of our contract very carefully.

Huh? I'm on the road for my new job and don't have my contract handy. Do tell???

What is in Section 6 about recalls?

They need 35 right now just to fix todays problems...they call people I know everyday to pick up trips "for Christmas money"...the one voicemail said..

How do we know the number of recalls is 35? The letter from Tabor states that the reduction of 35 positions on the 737 has been cancelled. I'm thinking that the number of recalled pilots could be more or less than 35. Hopefully more!

How do we know the number of recalls is 35? The letter from Tabor states that the reduction of 35 positions on the 737 has been cancelled. I'm thinking that the number of recalled pilots could be more or less than 35. Hopefully more!
Scarlet probably knows because Scarlet is still buddy-buddy with the training department people.

Still looking for that eventual training department / check airman / PAB / management position someday, Scarlet?

Actually, it is pretty simple. We had a vacancy bid for 35 positions in the December bid pack. Originally, the 35 vacancies were going to be filled using the 35 displaced 737 pilots (after a bump through the 717 CA position). Now that the reduction notice has been cancelled and everyone on the property is staying in their current seat, we need 35 recalls to fill the vacancy notice in the December bid pack.

The Company will be recalling some pilots from furlough to satisfy Vacancy Notice (VN 08-12)
which remains in effect.
It might not be an exact 1 for 1 correlation, but VN 08-12 should get you in the right ballpark.

Add to that the fact that some guys and gals are on MLOA and others are leary about coming back to be at the bottom of the list, and its conceivable that more than 35 will get the opportunity.

Lets hope so...

It'll be interesting to see what happens. Quite a few of the people who were furloughed signed training contracts at other carriers.

The language is kind of vague, but implies that if there is a recall within 6 months, you don't have the option to bypass, even if junior people are on furlough...

Would be a double whammy if the company chose to interpret it that way. Furloughed for the holidays then a $10,000 - $20,000 training contract to break to come back here.

:(

Latest resources

Back