• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran recalls all furloughed today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So new hires have no contractual recall rights?
You have all the regular contractual rights, just like any other union carrier but, just like any other carrier, they can terminate you at any time on probation and you have no rights to the grievance process.

All union carriers are the same, they just chose to use that loophole to get relief for their instructors in the schoolhouse, rather than work WITH the union.

That's why I'm saying, the gloves need to come off. If they're going to give us the stick, we need to pull out our own clubs. Cooperating and hoping for the best isn't a strategy...

For one people on these boards also dont understand is that under LOA 9 guys that were furloughed still gain seniority for another 180 days or otherwise 6 months. Which means that all furloughed pilots will come back to 2nd year pay, something no other Major offers its furloughed pilots. Also Airtran pilots are still able to non-rev on the Airtran system something all other Majors didnt offer. I am not saying that LOA 9 is great but it could have been worse. Coming back to 2nd year pay is going to be a definite plus. While I am not defending Airtran, but show me a 121 Major airline that carries passengers that is "great". Also dont say SouthWest cause their management is busy giving their flying away via codeshares. While it may not affect guys who are higher on the seniority list it definitely is pissing off guys on the bottom of the list.

I don't know about your problem with Lear and Ty but, dude, you're a bit offside. I'm glad to see you are making a boat-load of money. I hope it lasts for you.

Brownonthebone is an engineer on the eight, so he'll go on the first round of layoffs.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, Boner.

How's that big pay raise you said that you would be getting in your new contract working out for you?

You must have me confused with someone else that's impressed by your paycheck.

Some people are so unhappy that they take pleasure in other's misfortune . . . which explains why you're trolling in an AirTran furloughee thread.

Maybe you should log off and go spend your big, happy paycheck , Sunshine.

TY

Wow....classic 'knee-jerk' furlough, huh?

Well, you have to take investor confidence into account here. If Airtran hadn't of announced furloughs, investors would have axed questions and Airtran's paper value could have taken a bigger hit. So, play it safe, inconvenience (ie totally screw) a few hundred all for the fragile ego of the stock holder...

Last edited:
I just had an airtran guy jump on us - he said the recalls are some attmept from the company to cover the summer flying and somehow save money when they are re-furloughed in the fall. How would this save them money? Seasonal furloughs have been done before at numerous airlines but how would this save them money? Are they going back to different equipment and does this affect the money given to pilots when they are furloughed??

Latest resources

Back