• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's been good to me, so far. I was hired after 9/11 and have been a 737 CA for over 18 months, very few places to do that at right now.

For newhires today, though, it's a different story, and we have been losing about 4 newhires a month to SWA, Fedex, UPS, CAL, Jet Blue and Emirates. We have even had a few fairly senior captains bail in the last few months, if that says anything.

Unfortunately, management is too busy stuffing money in their pockets on their way out the door to do anything other than pull out the old "Eastern Airlines Contract Negotiations Manual", and it is really starting to show.

This is really unfortunate, since the long-term costs of that decision will vastly outweigh any short-term savings.

They have done a great job of squandering the goodwill that used to exist. Wonder how long before Wall Street starts to notice, or maybe they have . . . the stock is down about 25% from it's high this year.

I think it says a lot.

Um, wow! Unreal how much these guys just hit the big time, yet they want more, more, more!

I could say the same thing to you, sister. What makes you think you deserve my seat?

Hell, you can't even admit who you work for. No one takes you seriously.

There is a similar blast from the past thread that also re-surfaced on here. Someone named Ghettosomething. Now you see this one by 400Ahole immediately followed by Bob Dylan.

I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 of these idiots were the same person. He (they) probably ran out of thread for the sewing machine in the basement, got tired of hearing the dog in the dirt hole barking, and decided to go upstairs to the computer and do a little reminising. Beware the knock at the door...it might be Chuck Yogurt.

There is a similar blast from the past thread that also re-surfaced on here. Someone named Ghettosomething. Now you see this one by 400Ahole immediately followed by Bob Dylan.

I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 of these idiots were the same person. He (they) probably ran out of thread for the sewing machine in the basement, got tired of hearing the dog in the dirt hole barking, and decided to go upstairs to the computer and do a little reminising. Beware the knock at the door...it might be Chuck Yogurt.

"Smoke.........ON!" :laugh:

I could say the same thing to you, sister. What makes you think you deserve my seat?

Hell, you can't even admit who you work for. No one takes you seriously.

What's your seniority?
I doubt many would lose their seat- unless they choose to leave it. Which many will. But the quick answer is the debatable question- not bobbi's flame: You got bought. Why would you think you hold the cards when you got bought? And you're getting a LOT of tangible benefits both immediately and in the future. Why wouldn't you be happy about it?
Now I think we're all going to get paid to be happy w/ the result. And the growth after is going to take care of everyone's fears. In 10 years I wonder how many of us we'll be ashamed we ever got so up in arms about this-
Or will we dig in a heels and let stubborn pride rule us(?)
Time will tell my friend- but I have a feeling (and rationally think) that it'll be all good.
No one's going to get screwed

What's your seniority?
I doubt many would lose their seat- unless they choose to leave it. Which many will. But the quick answer is the debatable question- not bobbi's flame: You got bought. Why would you think you hold the cards when you got bought? And you're getting a LOT of tangible benefits both immediately and in the future. Why wouldn't you be happy about it?
Now I think we're all going to get paid to be happy w/ the result. And the growth after is going to take care of everyone's fears. In 10 years I wonder how many of us we'll be ashamed we ever got so up in arms about this-
Or will we dig in a heels and let stubborn pride rule us(?)
Time will tell my friend- but I have a feeling (and rationally think) that it'll be all good.
No one's going to get screwed
Great post!

See ya on the other side. :beer:

You got bought. Why would you think you hold the cards when you got bought? And you're getting a LOT of tangible benefits both immediately and in the future.
Wave...I don't think he was trying to argue, but rather to show that just because AAI got acquired/merged or whatever one wants to call it, that does not in any way diminish the AAI pilot's seniority rights under the AAI contract, as well as the law.

The benefit side is not one-sided. SWA gets a LOT of tangible items as well. Those have been listed in detail already, including the overall umbrella benefit of critical mass, so listing them all out again isn't necessary.

The combined airline has phenomenal growth potential and I'm sure GK has thought this out very well. We should be debating what the next aircraft
order will be...plus the one after that. :beer:

Latest resources

Back