AirTran QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAVOK69

Can some of the airtran pilots give me their opinion on the company, qol,current upgrade time, prognosis..??

Is the company hiring people with around 3000 hours or is that very rare?
Thanks

Sorry not sure of the TT that we are hiring with.

I can tell you that I am extremely happy here. I came from a commuter, ASA. I commute to ATL and usually can go direct, sometimes a two leg commute for me. I can tell you that I would rather do a two leg commute for AirTran than do a direct commute for ASA.

Reserve wasn't bad at all. No complaints. On reserve I made the same amount of money as an RJ capt at ASA and flew less hours (due to our credits) and I had more days off. Go figure.

Upgrade is about three years. Reserve on the 717 is about 4 months and I believe that it is less on the 737, at least for the 737 people in my class.

Not sure where you are coming from but if it is anything like ASA you will find life much better over here.

We are growing and getting more 737's. Not sure of actual #'s.

As far as prognosis we are looking good.

If lucky enough to be offered a slot and both aircraft, should one take the 717 or 737? What are the pros and cons of each? The 737 flies a lot of transcon and red-eyes but will offer the most growth going forward. But I've heard the 717 is pretty advanced and fun to fly. It would be nice to have that choice at all...

New guys love it. They haven't been around long enough to see our contract get eroded. Management/pilot relationship is not good. Management shows nothing but contempt for our union and the contract they signed. They are still finding ways to screw with our pay. I've submitted 4 grievances since June 1st.

Overall I like my job but dislike upper management. This is still a good place to work, but it has the potential to be great.

johnsonrod said:
If lucky enough to be offered a slot and both aircraft, should one take the 717 or 737? ..

I like the 717, but I'm a little biased.

The single best thing about the 717 is that it holds only 24,600lbs of gas. No trans cons, less unproductive 26hr layovers and no red eyes. It's pretty automated, takeoff, turn it on and leave it alone. Uncomfortable seats though.

As for time on reserve/upgrade, I really don't know, newer guys always know about that stuff.

"They are still finding ways to screw with our pay. I've submitted 4 grievances since June 1st.

Overall I like my job but dislike upper management. This is still a good place to work, but it has the potential to be great.__________________
"Our policy [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]is to make an example of any labor group that chose mediation and to make it miserable for them.” [/FONT]- Steve Kolski, Sr. VP, AirTran "

And THAT is "The Sad State of This Industry"....Airlines are for Idiots.

Fly elsewhere....

YKW

i am currently corporate now. fly single pilot on a citation, and i am looking for a job with a better schedule/ benefits. I also would like to live in Atl. so i'm thinking it would be a good fit. Hopefully with some luck I can snag an interview.

Unfortunatly i'm low on TT.... its above mins but on the lower side. I'm hoping they will consider quality of time rather than simply quantity.

Thanks for the info guys!!!

WHINE LOVERS POST
And THAT is "The Sad State of This Industry"....Airlines are for Idiots.

Fly elsewhere....

YKW

You Sir, are the idiot. We are ordering aircraft,turning profits and growing like crazy! This place will never go out of business!! we have a great business model, alot of dedicated employees and a proven track record.
I suggest you go back to writing childrens books.

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR! I SAID GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back