• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just know that as QOL gets better on the 737 you will see the 717 become the more junior plane, but that will take a few years unless we get the 737-800 (13% over ride), then senior guys will run off the 717 like rats out of a ship. I would have been in the bottom of the top third when the 737 was launched and now I would be right in the middle of the Cap. list so it is going more senior even now.

BenderGonzales said:
"This place will never go out of business!!"

These words were spoken by pilots at:

Eastern
Braniff
Pan-Am (Pan-Am 2, Pan-Am 3)
Independance
Kiwi
Midway
Jets-Go
Southeast
Great Plains
National
Vanguard
Panagra...

Shall we go on?

yes...please go on.

Life is great at FL. I had a 1900 job in florida for a while and landed this job a few years back. I've been able to fly brand new 717's and now I'm a Captain on a brand new 737. Aircraft are well maintained, pay is good and we have superb managment. I never thought I would be in this position at age 27!
I was fortunate enough to buy a home in Florida back in 2002 for 110,000
and just sold it for 275,000. I have had enough of commuting and I want to live in base. I would say QOL is fantastic!!

Common Ron.. Life is pretty good.. However, you can never say never.................. I would say that overall AAI pilots seem happier than most pilot groups Ive seen as of lately.. You do have your ten percent that will never be happy, but every ailrine does.. While you are on reserve you can make some really good money due to the way our reserve pay works.. Schedules aren't bad either, I would say about 16 days off a month with around 80 hours of credit is around average.. FLICA should help adding and dropping trips and CASS is going to help a ton as well for the commuters.. If you want to work your arse off then you can do that all you want as well...... The contract is in a stalemate.. Its kinda like listening to two kids bicker.. The union sends a letter saying the company wants recesions and is trying to screw us, and the Company sends a letter telling there side of the story.. Most of the guys I talk to seem to think the truth is somewhere in the middle.. Overall, with the state of the industry right now, I would say things are pretty good.. They could be better, but they could be way worse as well.. Overall, I think most guys are happy..

Wow.

I should have met the likes of Mr. Burgundy years ago. Airline pilot, Real Estate investor, "Knower of All Things" and all of this by the scrotally tender age of 27. Better yet, his sack does not have the festering, gray, wirey hairs of experience and/or reality to chafe the thighs of his perfect world.

Ron, if I PM you would you tell me the secret of becoming an AirTran candidate/pilot?

Life sounds so good there that I may have to rethink my decision to blow wino's in full public view as a means of regaining self respect.

Or, perhaps I should just eat Joe Leonard's daughter?

I am so glad that AAI will never go out of business. That is so...what do you kids say? Oh yeah...AWESOME.

YKW

Last edited:
"Common Ron.. Life is pretty good..."

Who is "Common Ron"?

Is he an AirTran pilot that has not yet reached the exalted, Monarch like, status of Mr. Burgundy?

Does "Common Ron" not yet have a "Captain's I.D."?

Oh, wait....I get it. Maybe you meant ''C'mon Ron" as in "Come On Ron". (?)

I'm sorry, my lack of reading comprehension has hindered me in life... as does my reputation for being a smarmy A-Hole.

YKW

Last edited:
gt1900 said:
The contract is in a stalemate.. Its kinda like listening to two kids bicker.. The union sends a letter saying the company wants recesions and is trying to screw us, and the Company sends a letter telling there side of the story.. Most of the guys I talk to seem to think the truth is somewhere in the middle.. ..

The above statement says it all.

Most of the pilots here don't believe what their elected union officials are telling them. What secret agenda would your union have? why would they lie to the membership?

This is exactly the reason we'll never get a decent contract, I guarantee.

Wake up and use some common sense here for Christs sake!! Support your union and do your job the safest way you know how!!

Whine Lover said:
Or, perhaps I should just eat Joe Leonard's daughter?

Trust me, you don't want to do that.

ron,
Holy schnikeys brother, stuff a sock in it.
Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure he's offering flame, but in the very minute chance that he's not....

Latest resources

Back