AirTran QOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree 100% -9Capt.

Lear, the reason we need a full re-write is because the last contract language was sufficient when management was actually behaving in an honorable manner. Unfortunately, since they couldn't get the concessionary contract they wanted (which would have went right to management bonuses) they are acting like little kids and "re-interpreting" the contract at every turn to their benefit. So, the new contract needs to have unambiguous language . . . . copy?

I also believe that this Union has the membership's interests at heart, and nothing else, and the contract they are looking for is the result of three polls of the pilot group. Management knows this, and that is why the Propaganda Minister cranks out his monthly letter . . . . . which, in my house, goes directly into the garbage, where it belongs.

Ty Webb said:
I also believe that this Union has the membership's interests at heart, and nothing else, and the contract they are looking for is the result of three polls of the pilot group. Management knows this, and that is why the Propaganda Minister cranks out his monthly letter . . . . . which, in my house, goes directly into the garbage, where it belongs.

"return to sender" and drop it back in the mail.

gt1900 said:
The union sends a letter saying the company wants recesions and is trying to screw us, and the Company sends a letter telling there side of the story.. Most of the guys I talk to seem to think the truth is somewhere in the middle..

Your last sentence is total B.S. sir! How long have you been here? Less than a year perhaps? Open your eyes and get out of that regional airline mentality. This place may be better than where you came from, but it is by no means up to the level it should be.

So you think most guys, "think the truth is somewhere in the middle" eh? And I guess you think the same. So who are you going to believe--- Your union that is fighting tooth and nail to improve your QOL, and fix the situation with a total contract re-write...or management that does the following:

1. Reassigns your trips without full pay protection on a day by day basis. This is a contract violation.

2. Holds back available trips instead of putting them all in Open Time so they can assign them to reserves. News flash: Use that time to create more Hard Lines and get those reserve guys off Reserve sooner.

3. Assigns trips to reserves outside of the 48 hr. window. Contract violation.

4. Is the only management in the country to be greedy enough to charge other airline pilots for rides (NOT INCLUDING jumpseats...those 1 or 2 are free).
Get real! The pilots of this industry have been through hell. Go with UNLIMITED jumpseats and then we can get reciprocal for the same thing with other carriers. Oh wait...that would be a QOL improvement...so we can't have that.

5. Wasting money and alienating customers left and right because of piss poor customer service in ATL, BWI, PHL, MDW, etc.

6. Paying themselves $4 millioin in bonuses in the first quarter and $8.3 million in the 3rd quarter of last year....yet they have the audacity to come to you asking for concessions.

Like someone else said a few posts back...wake up, smell the roses, and by God man...support your union with full, visible solidarity.

so you are telling me Airtran has NO military pilots or corporate pilots?? All are 121 guys... ??

sorry can't believe it!!! they are missing out on a great group of applicants

Whine Lover said:
Kicking puppies is sick.

I prefer 6 hamsters in a shoe box and a 20 oz. Ball Peen.

THEN I get to sit in my Bully Pulpit for hours spewing all I don't know about everything on the planet while Gimpy the Co-Pilot Circus Boy handles absolutely everything.

And Mr. Burgundy, you shall be him one day...you will pull my gear, and load my box, and ...wait, that doesn't sound right.

Anyway, you know what I mean "Mr. Buckhead-Living-Hat Wearing-Delta-Wanna Be".

YKW

I prefer to find small helpless birds in the middle of the road and slowly...ever so slowly..roll my tires over thier small fragile skulls. Hearing the cranial plates shifting, scraping, seperating and finally crunching and popping under the weight of my wheels!! I AM A GOD!!!

CAVOK69 said:
so you are telling me Airtran has NO military pilots or corporate pilots?? All are 121 guys... ??

sorry can't believe it!!! they are missing out on a great group of applicants
Reread the post. It said "...500 PIC 121 or military equivalent." There are quite a few military types here(for better or worse). As for the other, not many corporate only types.

The truth is if someone wants to be an airline captain than he probably needs some airline captain experience. The whole argument of which is harder (121, 135, corporate) is not applicable. I will put my military helo experience up against anyones in terms of degree of difficulty and whether or not it gave me the situational awareness required to succeed in the 121 environment. But what the airlines wanted was airline experience not a "mine is bigger because I've been there and done that inverted and on fire" story.

Ty Webb said:
Lear, the reason we need a full re-write is because the last contract language was sufficient when management was actually behaving in an honorable manner. Unfortunately, since they couldn't get the concessionary contract they wanted (which would have went right to management bonuses) they are acting like little kids and "re-interpreting" the contract at every turn to their benefit. So, the new contract needs to have unambiguous language . . . . copy?
Ahhh,,,, gotcha. Like I said, new and trying to figure out what's what without getting too wrapped around the axle about it. Hard not to do when I keep getting letters and emails and my wife's asking me WTF is all this stuff coming in all the time. :)

Oh I never doubted for a second that the NC was doing what the results of the Wilson Polling had directed them towards, I just couldn't figure out WHY the polling data was skewed towards a full re-write. Thanks for the clarification.

As far as turning down an illegal assignment, easy to say when you're not on probation. Then again, my last carrier was "fire first, ask questions later", so I'm probably a bit gun-shy towards "comply and survive" while on probation.

Lear, when you get an illegal assignment, please call the Contract Compliance Hotline. The person manning that line can go to the Scheduling Supervisor and resolve it at that level without even involving you, or at least let them know about the violation- you don't even have to give your name, if you don't want to, but it's the only way that your union can find out what the "trick of the week" is in Scheduling, and move to stop it before it becomes commonplace.

Welcome aboard!

How difficult is it to trade and drop trips? Lazy people like me need to know before we accept a class date. :)

Latest resources

Back