• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) reported full year 2008 net income of $178 million, or $.24 per diluted share, compared to $645 million, or $.84 per diluted share, for full year 2007.

AirTran Holdings, Inc.,
(NYSE: AAI), the parent company of AirTran Airways, Inc., reported net
income of $52.7 million for the full year 2007

AirTran Holdings, Inc., (NYSE: AAI), the parent company of AirTran Airways, Inc., reported a net loss of $273.8 million for the full year 2008,

Your right SWA is on its way out....the way I see it we are $451 million ahead not counting this year or 2007....any chance you can walk my resume in?

Last edited:
Kharma,
So is RAH, and you'll be licking bootstraps when they go head to head with you in some location paying even less, but heh, their pilots will say, look how profitable we are!!!

Airtran's best strength is that their hub is against DAL and the rest of the competition is against SWA, so heh, yeah, you have the LOWEST LABOR COSTS so far, congratulations!
Actually according to management on the earnings conference call today, out of four areas of operation, ATL, MKE, BWI, and FL, ATL is the weakest (but still profitable). That is why management says we have optimized ATL (shrunk to about 200 departures a day). ATL now represents only 50% of our total network. They said MKE was solidly profitable and their goal is to add more business destinations on top of the leisure destinations we already serve out of there. He said passengers realize the "new" Midwest is not the "old" Midwest. He said the old Midwest had a good product with a good loyal passenger base.

Your right SWA is on its way out....the way I see it we are $451 million ahead not counting this year or 2007....any chance you can walk my resume in?

I'm sure we will offer you guys "preferential interviews". Maybe some of our former ATA guys could help with the selection process.

Reddog don't take these clowns serious at all. They're called Airtrash for a reason.
With the new experience requirements going into effect soon, 400A-Hole will be stuck in his C-152 flight instructor job (along with InstructorDude) for quite some time. :cartman:

It must be Marginal VFR in his trailer park today, so he's sittin' on the ole sofa talking trash on his little 'puter as he drinks his Diet YooHoo...straight from the bottle even! What a mensch!

Hey hey.....We are fighting very hard to bring our low as# sh#tty wages up with the rest of the industry. No one has a crystal ball....Airtran may succeed or fail but I think we are doing pretty darn good so far. As for the LUV....well guys come on...put yourselves in Frontier's shoes....career expectations, blah blah blah. I do believe in karma. If it does exist, the whole staple thing may come back to getchya. We at Airtran were going to give the pilots at Midwest (a failing airline) a fair integration. The fact that most Frontier guys were happy SWA didn't buy them shows how much luv there is. As far as im concerned....Airtran pilots = good karma, SWA = old school mean stapler....hmmmm. SWA will probably always be a better stronger airline, but at least be a bit humble and accept that the way you guys have treated other airlines...aka Morris and Frontier is no different than our management at Airtran using Lorenzo style management. It's not the 1980's....

We at Airtran were going to give the pilots at Midwest (a failing airline) a fair integration.
If I remember correctly, Midwest fought off you guys with everything they had. And they would have been better off with you guys it turns out than they will be on Nov 3rd.

I won't engage on the F9/SWA thing. We didn't come to an agreement in time/SWA's offer wasn't as good and F9 is now part of RAH. water under the bridge for all involved.

The point is that we were more than happy to be fair to a fellow pilot in a merger/takeover....regardless of what would have happened. I'm proud that this pilot group was sincere on a fair integration. Whenever a SWA/Airtran merger/takeover is mentioned, many SWA folks insist it is fair for me to interview for a job in that event. That is sad old school thinking...what comes around goes around.

Latest resources

Back