• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran posts 4th quarter profit of 1.9 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know why you guys keep going at each other.

Nothing is going to get solved on here, you're not going to change ANYONE'S mind on the subject, and you're only irritating each other. No matter how calm you think you're coming across, the other person is going to read something offensive into what you've written. It's the nature of the beast when you can't have a conversation in person, with no facial expression, body language, or tone, the written word takes on whatever tone the READER has in reading it. Been that way for years on here...

Seriously, I'll buy the beer, but for the love of God, just quit irritating each other and let the MC's do their job.

p.s. Had a great commute to/from work this week on Southwest. Had to sit in the 2nd cockpit jumpseat both ways and I know that's not comfortable for anyone, so thanks for the lift! Positive words from everyone and a lot of luv. Might have helped on the way back that I brought Krispy Kreme for all the MCO concourse gate agents and the flight crew... :D

Who's CPT's make $150,000 on average? I guarantee you its not AAI's 12 year CPT's. Id say our average 12 year CPT was around $175,000 before the new pay raises. Not including retirement. Like I said, SWA's contract is better, but its not the windfall that some of you guys seem to think it is. Especially if we lose a lot of seniority. If the SWA guys understand that there needs to be a fair integration, then this thing could be very good for both pilot groups. But if you guys think that your going to have 1800 happy SWA pilots with great attitudes after you try and staple us, your in for a big suprise.. Remember, an 8 or 9 year AAI pilot makes more then an 8 and 9 year SWA pilot. So this isnt a huge windfall if we get stapled. If it weren't for the merger, Id be able to hold the left seat in a couple months. The difference between my 7 year pay at both airlines would have been pretty small.

This guy is still working on his GED.

So let me ask you and all your big SWA guys on this board. Do you want to be mean and staple another group of fellow airline pilots, or stab them in the back, like you did ATA? After reading several posts from you mighty SWA guys, you are starting to look more and more like your next door neighbor in Texas. Man, what happen to the LUV?

Those questions are easy to answer, YES!

So let me ask you and all your big SWA guys on this board. Do you want to be mean and staple another group of fellow airline pilots, or stab them in the back, like you did ATA? After reading several posts from you mighty SWA guys, you are starting to look more and more like your next door neighbor in Texas. Man, what happen to the LUV?

Birdman,

No hate, I'm just stating facts pure and simple. Southwest pilots had absolutely NO input on what happened at ATA.

Just get tired of the AAI guys stating there's no windfall here, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

and the fact that whenever Johnrod opens his mouth it becomes so evident how shallow his knowledge of the industry is, but still entertaining none the less.

Serious question. Do AAI pilots credit more hours then they fly. Then I could see the 90 hours. Like SWA 110 tfp is 1320 trips for the year and about 900 hours of flying.

Absolutely. Perfect example. My next 3 days trip blocks 13.3, yet the credit is 17.5. Last month I flew 73 hours, and had 86 hours of credit. In December, I had 99.5 hrs of credit. I flew just over 800 hours last year, yet I had close to 1000 hrs credit ( I don't pick chit up either, I like my QOL more then the money). Like I said, its not the huge windfall some of you guys seem to think it is. We have w************************* who make well over $200,000 a year pretty easily, and thats before we got the pay raise. So the money is there if you want to fly.

Those questions are easy to answer, YES!

LOL, well than it will turn into another Usair/AWA. I hope I am wrong for the sake of the employees and customers from both companies. This two could turn into one hell of an airline. Jesus, pilots are so short sighted and never think about the long term results. AirTran should maybe think about starting a keep AirTran my airline campaign, and find a way to remove their current management. This airline has a lot of potential. I wish the SWA and AirTran folks all the luck in the world because you are going to need it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back