• Start date
  • Watchers 48

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both have distinct assets that make each valuable for a merger TOGETHER.
Bye Bye---General Lee

This statement is actually quite funny. First, as we all know...this is an ACQUISITION, not a merger. Second, (and this is a big one!) you mention assets as if ATN has any to speak of. They rent just about everything. They bring a bunch of leases with bad interest rates. Wow!

For a second I almost thought PCL was on the right track. He is correct when he says there doesn't have to be a JCBA. But then he makes the mistake when saying he already 'effectively' has a JCBA in SWA's current contract. The problem is that PCL, nor the rest of his MEC, have much control over when (or even if) he and his peeps get to work under the current SWA contract. So to make a slight correction (since the JCBA would cover the time between now and when we're one airline), your JCBA by default is your current ATN contract. Enjoy it, you may be working under it for a while!
The alarmist stuff like this is getting kind of old and is one of the reasons almost all the AirTran pilots disengaged on this forum last month and why the only people left debating on this board are non-AAI pilots.

I don't see why people insist on antagonizing their future coworkers. Leave it to the Merger Committees to work out.

The alarmist stuff like this is getting kind of old and is one of the reasons almost all the AirTran pilots disengaged on this forum last month and why the only people left debating on this board are non-AAI pilots.

Lear,

"Alarmist" cuts both ways. For months this forum has been full of your coworkers pot stirring and attempts to affect expectations. It seems pretty unabated to me, but I've pretty much checked out of this SWA bash fest, so maybe my impression is inaccurate.

I don't see why people insist on antagonizing their future coworkers. Leave it to the Merger Committees to work out.

Agreed. But you ought to have the same opinion when "certain" frequent AAI posters choose to advocate ridiculous and antagonistic positions.

The problem is that PCL, nor the rest of his MEC, have much control over when (or even if) he and his peeps get to work under the current SWA contract. So to make a slight correction (since the JCBA would cover the time between now and when we're one airline), your JCBA by default is your current ATN contract. Enjoy it, you may be working under it for a while!

You should do a little reading, Lonestart. Start with Section 1.E.2. of the AirTran CBA. It will be enlightening for you.

I understand that in the past couple months some of our guys aggravated yours just as much as some of your guys were aggravating us and I'm glad to see it has calmed down quite a bit, regardless of a few people who keep stirring the pot from time to time.

As far as current events, if you take a look back in this thread, even Ty hasn't said much in the last week or so, the rest of our pilots have pretty much checked out and the only people still arguing are Southwest guys and Johnsonrod and the General, neither of which work for either company.

The other AAI/SWA threads haven't had any posts for almost a week as well and there's not multiple threads going on about it. From my viewpoint, it's calmed down considerably, which I'm thankful for.

Of course, there's PCL trying to insert a little insight to what's going on with the MC's and the Process Agreement, but at least it's not an SLI debate... ;)

Fly safe out there, and have some fun along the way! :)

I've been silent because there hasn't been much to respond to. By now, pretty much everything has already been said. I don't even bother responding to LoneStar-esque provocations anymore, what's the point? They're so ridiculous, there's nothing there to talk about.

I have confidence that both MC's will give it their best shot and will work it out as best they can.

In the end, it will be up to all of us to accept it and move forward. As Mark Twain observed, "Most folks are about as happy as they've made up their mind to be".

Regds,
Ty

I'm confused. Where is the JCBA language? Just thought there was a transition agreement between SWAPA and Southwest.

You should do a little reading, Lonestart. Start with Section 1.E.2. of the AirTran CBA. It will be enlightening for you.

Is this from the new contract or the one prior to sept 27th the snapshot date? I will bet you which one the arbitrators will look at

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

After observing both the SWA pilots and Airtran pilots going back and forth with this transaction, it is clear that there is much room in the middle that both will accept. I still believe that arbitration would favor SWA and that relative seniority is not a possibility. Likewise the other extreme of a staple of Airtran pilots is just as equally not a possibility. My guess is that an agreement with both unions will be made with date of hire with some seat and base protection language.

If or when this happens, this could be looked out as the gold standard of how two airlines integrate their seniority lists fairly.

The next year will be interesting to see how this all settles.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back