• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots. Was Mad Dog a scab?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, I would bet that Randy didn't have anything to do with it. He was probably rather disgusted after he found out that a scab had been honored. This has "People Department" and "Culture Committee" nonsense written all over it.

I wasn't implying that Randolph was pulling the strings. Just pointing out that senior management is well aware of MDs past and has chosen to glorify him anyway.

Lest we forget that our ex APLA President has held a number of positions that one might think clashed with union leadership. Yet, here we are ...... Again.

Very true. I'm never one to defend Randy. I consider him a turncoat. But he was an EAL pilot who watched those guys cross the line just like everyone else there did, and I don't think he'd have a nice thing to say about any of them.

Horse-chit you seemed to defend him when I brought up him saying "that the LCC would put everyone else out of business so we had better find a way to put them out of business first" (paraphrased)...

RV

PCL,

When you quitting AirTran. You still sticking with the b.s. you won't transition. I forget, what will you be doing again?

PCL,

When you quitting AirTran. You still sticking with the b.s. you won't transition. I forget, what will you be doing again?

What I'll be doing is none of your concern. But no, I have no plans to transition.

I rode his JS up from MCO-ATL (May have been ValuJet at time - can't remember) on the 'nine' at the turn of the century...he introduced himself as 'Mad Dog' - and in cruise proceeded to tell me and v. quiet FO how he was a scab...couldn't believe my ears...thought someone like that would keep it quiet...he was very punchy and assertive about it...he had a "fkuc all those guys" mentality

Taking all that away - the guy was hilarious (until he mentioned the above)...I had to stifle my laughter for rest of flight...complete nutter.

fv

PCL you should stick around for 2 reasons.

1. They have a forum that rivals the AT one complete with a few characters that take the companies side on every issue because they are master-debaters and love to argue.
For those that don't like PCL, at least he would take the heat on the forum even on political issues that went against the grain.

2. They are going to get a massive retro pay check according to some of the guys I have flown with! Free money for you without ever having to ask a CA why do you fly through clouds at night in a convective area looking for lightning with the radar off but insist on having terrain radar on at 41,000 over Florida.

I think I'll get a peak at the forum this summer. SWAPA should take over representation around July, I figure. Should be fun messing with the kool aid drinkers on there for a little while. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back