• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots Want ALPA=WHY?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would only add one thing and that is to consider Teamsters. Meet with them and let them know you are serious

The BOD already did that. After the meeting, the IBT claimed that they weren't interested, and the BOD endorsed ALPA.

Yes...because the FAA will get you that better contract

Getting a contract is just one small part of what air line pilot unions are about.

Getting a contract is just one small part of what air line pilot unions are about.
Why shouldn't it be? And so many people had the silly notion that a Union should represent the will of the employees. Now the Union has gotten big, and bloated...and has an agenda of its own.

The BOD already did that. After the meeting, the IBT claimed that they weren't interested, and the BOD endorsed ALPA.

So is the pilot group going to ratify the BOD endorsement soon? Is that the next step and then you are ALPA?

We are a completely separate entity that shares a common hub. How does that cause "favoritism" or lead to "improprieties"?

An improved contract for us is beneficial to all ALPA carriers.

This is a blood sport. Delta's management comes to the MEC and says: "you cut us slack on X issue and we can put the hurt on AirTran, resulting in an expansion once they're on the ropes".

Given Delta's great love and respect for AirTran over the years, what do you think their MEC would do? Oh yeah, I forgot, the AT pilots will be "ALPA Brothers" by then.

There's no way they'd screw over their "brother pilots". I mean look how they got along with Eastern all those years... :rolleyes:

TC

This is a blood sport. Delta's management comes to the MEC and says: "you cut us slack on X issue and we can put the hurt on AirTran, resulting in an expansion once they're on the ropes".

Given Delta's great love and respect for AirTran over the years, what do you think their MEC would do? Oh yeah, I forgot, the AT pilots will be "ALPA Brothers" by then.

There's no way they'd screw over their "brother pilots". I mean look how they got along with Eastern all those years... :rolleyes:

TC

Actually Delta and Eastern people did get along. Having grown up with a father at Eastern and just about everyone in my neighborhood working at Delta, Eastern or as a controller I had a front row seat to the whole Eastern thing. If you really think that the Delta pilots are going to take one for the team, you are delusional.

Why should either pilot group have to be "sacrificed" for the good of the other?

Isn't the entire POINT to build on each other's successes from a union standpoint, and let each carrier's management figure out how to best compete?

Or did I miss that part of Management 101 where you get to turn your employees on their neighbors?

I, for one, think we're better than this, and I have no reason to believe the Delta MEC is secretly colluding with ALPA National to undermine AirTran's pilots.

Fear mongering helps none of us...

He's most likely going to be the next FAA Administrator. He and Duane Woerth are the top two contenders. Both are former ALPA presidents. Gee, it sure would be nice to be a part of the organization that is cozy with the new FAA top dog.

Then thats even more ALARMING considering Babbitt said that alpa needs to find a way to get rid of the LCC's (paraphrased).

RV

TC

If that is what you believe and expect others to do as well.... then it shall be...

Most likely someone else told you to think this way... and here you are.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back