Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots, Don't buy that new house yet..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No - I'm more concerned about the unity and solidarity of the combined group.

From the sidelines it sure looks like some of the SWA folks on here are doing their best to sink that "SWA culture" All this talk about staple, "we are better than you" etc will sink the place. Piedmont and USAir were two of the best airlines in the industry back in the 80's, until they merged that is. Absolutely amazing that there are SWA F/O's on here that seem to think they should be taking over some of the AirTran Captain positions.

I think we can all agree a mutually, workable SLI is the best thing we can both accomplish. If this thing goes to an arbitrator (as it appears most of airtran wants), it will be ugly for a long, long time to come. Continued erosion of SWA culture.

Age 65 caused a rift at SWA, just like the voting down of TA1 did. That is nothing compared to an acquisition integration.

HEY AWESOME DUDES. Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile, I have been busy flying all over the WORLD. Anyway.......

RESPECTFULLY Mr Empennage, YOU ARE FULL OF IT. Everything you say is wrong. The SLI will go through arbitrators, and you will have NO CONTROL yourself. You can talk to your REPs and they may tell your lawyers what to possibly say, but that is about it. No chance of a staple (thanks to the Bond/McCaskil bill). I forsee some SWA pilots at the top of the eventual list because SWA has been around longer,(maybe top 300 spots) but after that it will be relative most likely. The good thing about arbitration is everyone knows who to blame---the ARBITRATORS. Both of your airlines are LCCs, both are profitable, both have the same type of planes (mostly), and it sounds like BOTH airlines bring something to the table (even AT---more LGA slots, DCA slots, INTL flying, and ATL). But I understand why you are upset if you are a SWA FO----longer upgrade time, meaning more of a wait until you hit the ultimate prize of $$$$$. We all understand that. But, that is the way it goes MY BROTHER! PEACE AND LOVE BABY, PEACE AND LOVE. Just think, the more time you have in the right seat, means the easier it will be in 6 to 7 years when you transition to the left. THAT WILL BE AWESOME!

Regardless, you guys are ALL FANTASTIC. REALLY. You will LEARN TO LOVE EACHOTHER, and just because the AT guys will be more identifiable thanks to their super huge grins and new whiter teeth, doesn't mean any of you have to be mad. And, if you have time tomorrow, please, do something nice for someone, like throwing a homeless guy a box of Nerds. Hey, we all like candy! See ya!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't care what anyone says, we all do the same job no matter what logo is on the tail. SWA and AT have their share of problem children.....so does everyone else. Good news......we aren't all like the people here.

Welcome AirTran homeboys! $hit happens and you buy someone. I don't like it, but it wasn't my call. The reason I don't like it is because I wanted our leadership to buy airplanes, not airplanes and pilots. But since we get pilots too.....let's go get drunk and make fun of management while we try to get table dances from the Flight Attendants - the 10 or so that are not fat or Super Gay.

Absolutely amazing that there are SWA F/O's on here that seem to think they should be taking over some of the AirTran Captain positions.

Everyone at SWA has been a captain (or Colonel) too. I can promise that there are AAI FO's that have never been a 121 CA or Colonel. They'll get the opportunity. I'll get mine after giving-up my seat to join the SWA family.

Everyone at SWA has been a captain (or Colonel) too. I can promise that there are AAI FO's that have never been a 121 CA or Colonel. They'll get the opportunity. I'll get mine after giving-up my seat to join the SWA family.

"Everyone at SWA has been a CA or a Colonel" . . . . Really, you must have more colonels than a Kentucky Fried Chicken convention, bubba. :laugh:

BTW, everyone at AirTran has been a Captain previously, that requirement has been around since early 2002. If there were any exceptions to that requirement, I haven't heard of any.

Really? You know that much about our company from way over there, huh?

You *DO* realize that we don't hire anyone who hasn't either been a 121 CA or a military Aircraft Commander, right?

OK, I'll give you 4 that haven't, one MX guy that came over after 10+ years with the company, one Dispatcher similar story, and two friends of senior management that came over from years of corporate flying in the left seat. Otherwise, the other 800 or so? Yeah, all 121 CA's or AC Cmdr.

What's your point, anyway?

Come on now

SWA will hire an F16 jock with 1500 hours and virtually no real instrument experience.

Air Tran has hired some guys that haven't been captains

Everyone knows its more "Who You Know" than what you know to get hired at most companies.

Latest resources

Back