• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots considering switching unions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So much for the critical thought about PATCO and the APA fine.....

In addition it seems there is confusion about unions and recall....

It'll be a cold day in hell before I vote to give up our reserve system. It's how reserve SHOULD pay at EVERY airline... they own me for 18+ days a month, I should be compensated accordingly.

IOW, how about staying engaged in your career politics and electing officers on the front end and KEEPING THEM IN CHECK, instead of being apathetic and suddenly demanding recall.....

just saying....

How's that been working for you Rez-0? Your pension still intact? Your payscale still what it was? Your Management still robbing the company blind even after your concessions then asking for more?

just saying...

How's that been working for you Rez-0? Your pension still intact? Your payscale still what it was? Your Management still robbing the company blind even after your concessions then asking for more?

just saying...

It is not working well..... we need to do better....

It is not working well..... we need to do better....

Notice Rez's profile...He went from "fixing ALPA" to "calling out ALPA".....Even ALPA's biggest cheerleader seems to be getting a little frustrated....

What is there to discuss? They both high-light the lack of power Unions have.

Look, you want to claim that unions that live to fight another day is a weakness, and then disgard said unions such as PATCO that took it to the mat and failed....

If you can't offer thought provoking debate that is fine.... it just seems that your bark is worse that your bite....

ALPA in Atlanta...Who do you think they will care about the most??? DELTA 12,000 pilots money vs. 1700 Airtran's?

QUESTION: If you vote ALPA in right now with our contract out of date. WHAT contract will you fly under while waiting for the company to neg. with the new union? You WILL BE at the company's DISCRETION !!!

You folks that take all these petitions and we want things changed right now=The company is LAUGHING at all of you !!!!!!!!! And most of you do not realize how you are hurting the pilot group. If you would spend more time supporting and volunteering than Bit#hing we all would be better off.

I love the STRIKE prepardness. Being on the street, let me tell you having 15-17 days off and over 60K a year is a blessing. THERE ARE NO JOBS ANYWHERE !! YOU WILL NOT get a JOB!!!!

QUESTION: If you vote ALPA in right now with our contract out of date. WHAT contract will you fly under while waiting for the company to neg. with the new union? You WILL BE at the company's DISCRETION !!!

Completely false. The agreement carries over to any new union.

Latest resources

Back