Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Daveman said:
General Lee said:
Have you considered the corporate/charter side of aviation of which you speak is filled with furloughed DAL, UAL, etc.,?

Daveman,

Don't take this the wrong way now, I know Corporate flying has good pilots. I was just getting slack from a Corporate guy that thought his shiznit didn't stink. I had to remind him that all parts of aviation have their ups and downs. I am sure there are furloughed pilots there, and I hope they come back to where they want to be and I am sure they do a great job. Period. If you look at Catyaak's posts, he loves to slam Delta and our pilots, even making fun of certain accidents or near accidents. I had to remind him that Corporate aviation has the same problems sometimes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

717pilot said:
Hey....we kinda lost track of the original thread..didnt we?

Yes, but you guys have helped me get closer to the 5,000 post mark! Thanks for helping....

Bye Bye--General Lee

717pilot said:
Always glad to help......and to think a few post ago..he called me a DUMBA--!! LOL

Yeah, I'm sorry. I will refrain from that---as long as you are nice! I don't TRY to make people mad, it just happens sometimes.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually all of us AIRTRAN pilots are nice....well except..(I better not name names!!). We are sensitive about our airline because we believe we are trying to make this a great place to be at and make AIRTRAN a growing and profitable company.....

"Cant we all just get along" - Rodney King

FL717 said:
Hey what happened to -9Capt? He just logged in... but his name is in RED as if he got banned. Anyone know what happened.

As I recall, he made a post to this thread back on about page 5 or 6. It got my attention because it used a few colorful strings of words that even surprised me and I've been reading this stuff for a couple years. Now I notice the post is gone and so is -9Capt. Guess he had to pay the piper. Too bad he couldn't make his point without the Jr High schoolyard language. Oh well, Seeee Yaaaa -9Capt!;)

General Lee said:
CatYaaak said:
Look at all the bad press you have gotten lately. Ebersol's crash, then the TEB crash. Time for you to quit trashing us and our goofs. The Corporate side has also got to clean up it's polcies and procedures. And, there wasn't a "piling" on Airtran by us, nope.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The Ebersol accident was a chartered aircraft, not corporate, as was the TEB accident aircraft (for which a cause hasn't been determined but there are indications of a flight control malfunction). General, at least use examples that were actually Part 91 corporate aircraft, otherwise your attempt at a slam doesn't even push back from the gate.

Hey, didn't you guys also lose Joan Baez's guitar in Atlanta once? Your screw up there, of course, is that for once you actually found the lost luggage and returned it to her.

General Lee said:
Daveman said:
Daveman,

Don't take this the wrong way now, I know Corporate flying has good pilots. I was just getting slack from a Corporate guy that thought his shiznit didn't stink. I had to remind him that all parts of aviation have their ups and downs. I am sure there are furloughed pilots there, and I hope they come back to where they want to be and I am sure they do a great job. Period. If you look at Catyaak's posts, he loves to slam Delta and our pilots, even making fun of certain accidents or near accidents. I had to remind him that Corporate aviation has the same problems sometimes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh General, don't try and portray the flak I normally give you about Delta's made-for-munchkin seating, use of stinky old sh1tbox 76's on your int'l routes, and agreement with somebody else here that turning one of them into a glider was kinda funny as an attitude of my shiznit don't stink.

And the only Delta pilot I can recall taking to task is you, and not about driving the bus (except for that APU thing), but regarding your non-wavering, publicly insulting attitude towards your non-Song Flight Attendants who've you've deemed countless times here on these threads to be fat, stupid, overpaid, and don't laugh at your jokes. I mean, you go out of your way to make sure everyone knows this, and I can only imagine the joy your fellow crewmembers working in the cabin feel when finding out you're on the team for the trip.

But gee, thanks for "reminding me" that all aspects of aviation have their ups and downs! Given that they're all dynamic, technology-driven, high-stakes endeavors succeptible to the human factor limits and/or failings, and done at high speed in crushable aluminum tubes....who'da thunk it!

Last edited:
Wow!! Take it easy on the General!! He can't be that bad of a guy. His post seemed to be a sincere question.

That being said, General, can you confirm or deny the 5 stripe rumor for Delta international capts?

Latest resources

Back