AirTran/Npa TA update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,

When will you be able to fill us in? I caught the end of todays P2P conference call and it didn't sound promising.

I doubt that Lear will be able to disclose very much information. I think he said that a confidentiality agreement was required.

It really chaps my hide to have to come to Flightinfo.com in order to get info that my union should be providing me on their website.

don't have to...u should get emails and attend the conference call (not always convenient)....?

call the office and get signed up.. .weekly updates and President 'quips' are posted pretty frequently ...not much info...but not sure they can really say much legally?..

Trying to understand what the future may hold...

Worst case scenario in my mind.
- We get a semi-polished version of what we have already seen.
- We vote no (which we shoulda done to begin with - but our "leadership" won't let us).
- Company says - we are at an impasse
- 30 day "cooling off"

Now what?
- Can the company legally impose the "TA" that we voted down?
- Can they legally impose something worse?

If they do that, I assume we would choose not to work under these terms. I just want to know what might happen should we end up going down this road.

Worst case scenario in my mind.
- We get a semi-polished version of what we have already seen.
- We vote no (which we shoulda done to begin with - but our "leadership" won't let us).
- Company says - we are at an impasse
- 30 day "cooling off"

Now what?
- Can the company legally impose the "TA" that we voted down?
- Can they legally impose something worse?

If they do that, I assume we would choose not to work under these terms. I just want to know what might happen should we end up going down this road.

It is not the company that calls an impasse it is the mediator, though the company has a great influence on the mediator in declaring that impasse.

When that impasse is declared the 30 day cooling off period begins with "super" mediation. At the end of that period the company can impose whatever contract they want and the pilots can strike.

So yes at the end of that cooling of period the company can impose something even worse than the TA but we don't have to show up for work.

Did that answer some of your questions?

I doubt that Lear will be able to disclose very much information. I think he said that a confidentiality agreement was required.
Correct.

And, that notwithstanding, the mediator put us under a gag order on Wednesday afternoon except for official communication from the NPA to the pilots (official blast emails).

I can talk about the T.A. that is CURRENTLY out, because it was already out. I can't say why or how things were negotiated in it that I've learned since being part of the PAC (President's Advisory Committee), and I'm still not part of the NC.

I also can't say anything about what happened in D.C. At all. Period. Except to say that I did not have an enjoyable time, because that's a personal feeling/opinion which in no way implies that said feeling/opinion is a reflection of the negotiations.

Boyev is right; more information is distributed to the P2P's than anywhere else, so sign up and stay informed.

Sorry I can't say more. If/when another T.A. comes out, I WILL be posting my OPINION of it, section by section, and telling you whether I'm going to personally vote for it or against it. I'll also be clarifying my original paper if the existing T.A. goes out for vote.

I still, even then, won't be able to say WHY things were done a certain way or what was said at the table. My confidentiality agreement with the NPA remains in force until released by the NPA.

Hopefully my analysis of certain sections and decision to vote yes or no will speak for itself then.

Thanks for the support!

update on the npa website basically saying they cant say anything....

conference call july 19....

There's more to the update than "nothing" .....

Either we get the "new" TA or the old one to vote on within 30 days. But.....if it's the new one there will only be a minor change or two brought forward (see core time).

IF (a big IF) the vote is done quickly, according to the NPA, there will be only a limited time for any type of "leveraged" negotiations prior to the Midwest merger should it fail.

This is the proverbial monkey f&*#@$ a football. The company played the NPA like a fiddle. We will basically have the same old TA to vote on, unless some July surprise materializes. And a new TA would undoubtedly be met with the same amorous affection as the last one, and then only a few weeks (maybe months) of any leverage to solve the problem.

Can I strike against the union also?!!!!!?

Latest resources

Back