• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran/Npa TA update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA vote is "what," IMO. AND THE SOONER, THE BETTER!

You know I really want a national union on the property. It is not the answer to all our problems but at least we could have some support from people experienced in negotiating.

Plus I think the dues are cheaper too.

ALPA???? Are you freaking on crack??? Remember what Randy Babbit said re: LCC's a few years ago. ALPA is not the friend of a LCC.

RV

You have better ideas? Take an "ALPA vote" & see where the membership stands. You might be surprised to find yourself in the minority

I would take it for the aeromedical and legal services.
Agreed, ALPA is not the end all answer, but give me something for my dues money.

It is not the company that calls an impasse it is the mediator, though the company has a great influence on the mediator in declaring that impasse.

When that impasse is declared the 30 day cooling off period begins with "super" mediation. At the end of that period the company can impose whatever contract they want and the pilots can strike.

So yes at the end of that cooling of period the company can impose something even worse than the TA but we don't have to show up for work.

Did that answer some of your questions?

So lets say the worst case scenario does come down and we choose not to work. What happens to thoose of us that don't come to work then?
Will the Company use the Midwest guys against us somehow?
Would the Midwest guys/ALPA support us and not cross a picket line?

ALPA???? Are you freaking on crack??? Remember what Randy Babbit said re: LCC's a few years ago. ALPA is not the friend of a LCC.

RV

Randy Babbit? That was many many moons ago and is old news. Duane Woerth was not much better...and he lost re-election because of it.

Now there's a new sheriff in town and I for one would like to hear what the new ALPA President John Prater has to say about us and what he and ALPA could do for us if we were to join with them. It costs us nothing to hear what they have to say.

Capt. Prater, please come to ATL and speak to us...in person. And bring your excellent media department with you so a DVD quality presentation could be posted on a portion of the ALPA server dedicated for the use of the AirTran Airways pilots that were not able to make it to one of your conference hall presentation(s).

Capt. Prater, please come to ATL and speak to us...in person. And bring your excellent media department with you so a DVD quality presentation could be posted on a portion of the ALPA server dedicated for the use of the AirTran Airways pilots that were not able to make it to one of your conference hall presentation(s).

I second the invitation. Just say when & where.

I may be comparing apples to oranges here. If ASA cannot get released after almost 5 years of negotiations, I believe they (the union) were told to go back to the table recently then how or why could our mgt get released so quickly if it came down to that?

Seems to me that mgt needs some type of motivation, from the pilot group, to work out a fair contract and Kolonoscopy needs to grow the f$%K up during negotiations. What a f$%kin moron.

Last edited:
ALPA helps DELTA more than Airtran.

ALPA could really help Delta if they helped shut down Airtran!!!!

ALPA helps DELTA more than Airtran.

ALPA could really help Delta if they helped shut down Airtran!!!!

How could ALPA shut down AirTran? Maybe if ALPA pulled some strings and made Ichan the new CEO?

Latest resources

Back