• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran/Npa TA update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya it is... But I will give them a little bit of wiggle room here, but not much, only because upgrade is still running around 3 years... I know, I know, don't bash me. Since I'm one of the guys who is sick and tired of the fast upgrade excuse and now Im using it myself... But, I think that would make most FO's happy. It would still put us a little light on FO pay but the capt. pay would be decent (not great).... I think that most of the guys would be happy at that payscale.. Its not perfect, but I really think it would make the pilots happy and the company could manage.. Especially with the record earnings right around the corner...

What airlines have Teamsters? The only one I know of is Netjets. They just got a new contract with some pretty nice payrates. They had to fight pretty hard for them but it seems to have paid off.

I just don't see ALPA having out best interests at heart. It would benefit them to get rid of us all together.

Here are the Netjet payrates off airlinepilotcentral.com. Pretty good for flying a corporate jet.

PAY_NETJETSPAY2005.gif

Take a look at the contract for ABX, another teamster airline. It's about the highest payscale out there.

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/abx_air.html

Last edited:
Take a look at the contract for ABX, another teamster airline. It's about the highest payscale out there.
Not to mention that it's old and they've been in negotiations for 3+ years as well, and are expecting a T.A. any day now...

Hard to compare freight salaries to ours. Their profit margin is obscenely higher. Not that I don't *want* those rates, they'd be great. It's almost double all our existing rates... :D

Don't forget: Netjets sold out their new-hires having home basing in exchange for some of those pay increases. They never thought the company would keep the new system long-term... they were wrong.

There is no one-size-fits-all-perfect-solution union. A union is what its members and leaders make it. They all fight together, or die alone.

Spoke with a gentlemen who was chatting with on of the nc members that first provided this sickening proposal to this pilot group. After the overwhelming disgust in the TA and the ridiculous attempt to ''smooth'' the rough edges in DC on the 10th-13th with the company and the mediatir. He still believes that this is the best that we are going to get because our pilot group is not pissed off enough. That was the advice of the attorney. He also believes that the company will impose their own contract... give the 737s to midwestto operate under their own certificate... so on and so forth. Ultimately thiis is just a fine demonstration of their complete and utter stupidity. I plan on making a long career here at AirTran and I peronally promise that if either of these two individuals is ever proposed for a NC position I will start an immediate recall petition before they can cause the damage that they have done. Did the mediator approach the union or did the union approach the mediator with the request on the 10th? From the president's update is seemed that it was at the request of the mediator. Just more double talk and rhetoric that is nothing more than a LIE. Please get the word out that the union does not know what they are doing in regards to this TA. Please vote NO... company may have gotten their two year extension but it is now time to hire the professionals. Look at what American is proposing now that they fired their union leadership. Gag rules do nothing but hide the truth and I do not trust or believe anything that comes out of the NPA's collective mouth....(not including Lear). I am sorry that we have such worthless stooges.... this pilot group deserves so much more from the NPA and from the company. I am not going anywhere and I am looking forward to fixing this place. When we get new leadership voted in I will be the first in line to sign up as a P2P.

He still believes that this is the best that we are going to get because our pilot group is not pissed off enough. That was the advice of the attorney. He also believes that the company will impose their own contract... give the 737s to midwestto operate under their own certificate... so on and so forth.

There have been multiple posts about the anger of the pilot group.

There have been multiple posts about the "complications" of a long term whipsaw via Midwest.

There have been multiple posts about the imposition of a company contract.

The are good legal arguments against both the whipsaw and contract imposition being legal but with tremendous consequences. The whipsaw can only last a couple of years under the old contract via many legal precedents. A contract imposition comes only after self help and a possible strike, sort of quid pro quo.

But, if the company thinks the union will fold, on any issue, then they think they can impose anything they wish. Unfortunately, there has not been anything from the NPA's side that gives me any doubt that the company is the puppeteer in our little world.

So sad.....

You never know what the future holds. I'm not voting for anything that is light on FO pay. Might be stuck in this seat a lot longer than any of us originally planned...not to mention SOMEONE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE AN FO!

I saw a table in the local paper from about a week ago with DOT stats for on time performance for May. Airtran was number one! We had a fewer percentage of flights delayed than any other airline!

What was that BS excuse about why the company wanted to switch from door close to wheels rolling? Wasn't it something about improving ontime performance?

Leadership training course:
How do you improve or maintain a stellar ontime performance?
a. You could publicly thank the pilots (and others) who worked so hard to get you that performance. Tell them what a great job they are doing and to "keep up the good work"
b. You could take some money out of the pockets of all your pilots and FAs by changing the rule of when you start paying them. Tell them taking away an average of 3-4 minutes of pay for every leg will really encourage them to get those wheels rolling on time.

Which would you choose...

Not sure about AMR but I' m pretty sure he was going to block NWA as well.

Both AMR and NWA pilots had higher paychecks under Clinton than they do under Bush. Just imagine if gas prices had fallen as much as those of the major airline pilots, or vise versa payrates rising at the same rate as gas. We would all be driving Hummers and living in mansions. I sure hope that AirTran is able to make some good out of this situation. It is not an easy position they are in.

Latest resources

Back