• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran/Npa TA update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A real, national UNION is truly in order. Not some weak-ass "association" that doesn't even dare call itself a "union".

The Teamsters might be a better fit than ALPA. Seems like they need an invitation to this party.

Meanwhile, Allen P. "Jimmy Carter" is so worried about a merger with little bitty MEH that he's willing to turn this place into MESA. . . . . :rolleyes:

Time to step down, Jimmy . . . .err, Allen. The tribe has spoken.

Last edited:
A real, national UNION is truly in order. Not some weak-ass "association" that doesn't even dare call itself a "union".

The Teamsters might be a better fit than ALPA. Seems like they need an invitation to this party.

Meanwhile, Allen P. "Jimmy Carter" is so worried about a merger with little bitty MEH that he's willing to turn this place into MESA. . . . . :rolleyes:

Time to step down, Jimmy . . . .err, Allen. The tribe has spoken.

We need a union president like G.W. Bush!!!!! Someone with brains and charisma who's willing to fight!!!!!

Just an observation or two:

Trying to change a union when you're in the middle of a contract fight (especially towards the end), doesn't sound like the best plan. Not that I'm against it *eventually*, but right now just doesn't seem like the best idea...

Second, trying to bring a union on property that also represents the company we're trying to merge with that has a VAST MAJORITY of pilots who are senior to ours also doesn't sound like the most rational plan of attack to preserve jobs/positions.

Maybe one thing at a time? Just a thought... ;)

We need a union president like G.W. Bush!!!!! Someone with brains and charisma who's willing to fight!!!!!

You do realize that Bush Sr, Jr, and Regan have set labor back nearly 40 years. They are the enemy of labor friends of management, and you are labor, therefore they are not on your side in this fight. And I hope the brains part was a bit of irony.

You do realize that Bush Sr, Jr, and Regan have set labor back nearly 40 years. They are the enemy of labor friends of management, and you are labor, therefore they are not on your side in this fight. And I hope the brains part was a bit of irony.

Not irony, sarcasm.

ALPA???? Are you freaking on crack??? Remember what Randy Babbit said re: LCC's a few years ago. ALPA is not the friend of a LCC.

RV

Randy Babbit is a twit, and in no way represents the Air Line Pilots Association. He's a freelance consultant that does more work for airline management now than he does for labor. Whatever he said about LCCs a few years ago has nothing to do with ALPA. Randy hasn't been in office for almost a decade now.

As much as I would love to see ALPA here at AirTran, I have to agree with Lear that it's best to wait until we at least get this current mess sorted out. If the TA is brought to a vote in 30 days and voted down, we'll probably be parked by the mediator, and then there will be time to think about ALPA. Until then, it's just too much to take on.

don't have to...u should get emails and attend the conference call (not always convenient)....?

call the office and get signed up.. .weekly updates and President 'quips' are posted pretty frequently ...not much info...but not sure they can really say much legally?..

No excuse. </SPAN>We lost our comm. staff person this week and it has been hard to coordinate communications. </SPAN>We have hired a replacement but he does not start until next week. </SPAN>The update should be posted early today.

No excuse. </SPAN>We lost our comm. staff person this week and it has been hard to coordinate communications. </SPAN>We have hired a replacement but he does not start until next week. </SPAN>The update should be posted early today.

Guess where our union office Communications Coordinator went?

To ALPA.

That's right, she knows a better deal when she sees one...and so should we.

Ty.. Be carefull about wanting the teamsters on property.. You will be hard pressed to find an airline that is really happy with the teamsters... Id love the teamsters, if I were a truck driver. But trust me, we don't want them at AAI............. BTW.. IMO, the company continues to make our union look stupid. AP pulled the TA to save his job. What he should have done was let it go to vote, have it turned down by 80% + and then went back to the mediator. At least that way, our union would have some ground to stand on. As it sits now, voting will be 2 months later and it will basically be the same friggen POS contract. Hell, We would have already voted the TA down by now, and they could have been negotiating with the company truely knowing where the pilot group stood, if AP woulddn't have tried to push the POS TA so hard. Our union keeps digging themselves deeper and deeper. AAI managment is making them look like idiots, and now our union doesn't even have any ground to stand on with the mediator..

Latest resources

Back