• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran/Npa TA update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What airlines have Teamsters? The only one I know of is Netjets. They just got a new contract with some pretty nice payrates. They had to fight pretty hard for them but it seems to have paid off.

I just don't see ALPA having out best interests at heart. It would benefit them to get rid of us all together.

Here are the Netjet payrates off airlinepilotcentral.com. Pretty good for flying a corporate jet.

PAY_NETJETSPAY2005.gif

What airlines have Teamsters?

Great Lakes (6 years with no new contract), Republic/Chatauqua/Shuttle (not happy with IBT at all), Gulfstream, and my personal favorite, GoJet. Yes, that's right, the scumbags at the IBT actually agreed to represent the pseudo-SCABs at GoJet. The IBT also stiffed the AFL-CIO million of dollars in dues when they broke away a few years ago. Yeah, really the kind of people that I would trust to represent me.

I just don't see ALPA having out best interests at heart. It would benefit them to get rid of us all together.

Not at all. ALPA doesn't get involved in the competition between companies. That's up to management to worry about. I know several members of the DAL MEC, and none of them have anything against AirTran at all.

Don't forget Horizon, about the only one that is somewhat happy with the teamsters.... But during thier last negotiations there was talk they were gonna boot the teamsters as well..... NO TEAMSTERS..

You do realize that Bush Sr, Jr, and Regan have set labor back nearly 40 years. They are the enemy of labor friends of management, and you are labor, therefore they are not on your side in this fight. And I hope the brains part was a bit of irony.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ever popular President Clinton prevent the pilots at American from striking?

Since the mediator said our list of demands was to complex for him or the company, I have come up with my personal list of things for next Thursday.

1. Give us back the door close.
2. Go back to the the 4 hour min day/get rid of 4.5 average. And no core time
3. Go back to 12 hour duty
4. No floating reserve days.
5. Use old scope sysytem.

What else did I forget?

Since the mediator said our list of demands was to complex for him or the company, I have come up with my personal list of things for next Thursday.

What else did I forget?

All that does is put us back at our sub-par contract base. We've been in negotiations all these years to have a PROGRESSIVE forward thinking contract that is on the level of where a MAJOR airline pilot should be in terms of pay and work rules...not treading water at the National or Regional level.

Don't sell yourselves short brothers. We deserve A LOT more than what we have in our current contract. WE are the ones who make this airline work despite all of management's screwups and failures. WE get the job done. WE deserve the respect and recognition for it. WE are the asset and backbone of this corporation. Management is the liability, yet they have no qualms with paying themselves obscene salaries and even more ridiculous bonuses, but when it comes time to bring you up into the middle of the pack of the major airline industry, then it's all doom and gloom.

You all know where to tell them to go...

What else did I forget?

6. Medical (new TA is a concession)
7. Hotels (new TA is no real improvement and has a "grandfather" clause.)

8. Increase the TA'd FO pay by $5 hr.

9. Make the capt pay top out at 12 years, not 15.. Knock the bottom 4 years off Capt. scale so the $183 hr is the top pay at year 12 instead of the pathetic $167hr they wanna give us now at year 12.

What else did I forget?

All of which amounts to a contract extension with no real improvements over current book. Don't fall for managements tricks. They wanted an extension 2.5 years ago, we said no, and they took it anyway.

Don't be surprised if this was their plan from the beginning. Offer us $h!t in hopes we agree to keep our current contract.

How about we hold out for some real improvements.

8. Increase the TA'd FO pay by $5 hr.

9. Make the capt pay top out at 12 years, not 15.. Knock the bottom 4 years off Capt. scale so the $183 hr is the top pay at year 12 instead of the pathetic $167hr they wanna give us now at year 12.

Sounds good to me. $5/hr over the TA rates to the FO's seems a little light though.

Latest resources

Back