AirTran New hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

4got2flare

Does anyone have a class makeup of the AirTran new hires. There is a class on the 7th and one on the 28th. I keep hearing all to the 737 and then the rumor is a split class.

Last edited:
4got2flare said:
Does anyone have a class makeup of the AirTran new hires. There is a class on the 7th and one on the 28th. I keep hearing all to the 737 and then the rumor is a split class.

A guy in my crashpad will be in the 7th and it is apparently split with about 75% going to the 737. Don't know about the 28th.

Heard from a good source in the training center that the 28th class will be the opposite...mostly 717..about 70%...

Last edited:
4got2flare said:
Does it really matter?

XRMEFLYER said:
Does it really matter?

I'm not saying I would do it or that people should do it, but the 737 type allows them to go to Southwest. I know two people who has done it with one with Airtran and one with Continental.

i hope the people who stuck their neck out and sponsored that person are still able to recommend people for the job. i doubt it. most people don't realize or simply don't care that they are putting their sponsors in a bad position when they use one company to gain a position with another company. it can ruin opportunities for others.

be careful who you recommend and make them keenly aware of the responsibility of your recommendation. hasn't happened to me (yet).

now if they are furloughed then that's another story altogether...

These pilots should be able to quit and go to a better place if able. Dont worry about Airtran or your sponsor. Airtran, or any other airline, doesnt care about the employees. They only care that a pilot is there to move the plane. If the pilot shows up drunk, they will fire the pilot. If they cared about the pilot, they would get them treatment. Remember, nobody is looking out for you, except you.

If a company requires an applicant to be "sponsored", I dont want to work there. I am looking out for what is best for me and my family, and if that means quiting and moving on, so be it.

skiandsurf said:
Airtran, or any other airline, doesnt care about the employees..

This is a true statement!!

skiandsurf said:
These pilots should be able to quit and go to a better place if able. Dont worry about Airtran or your sponsor. Airtran, or any other airline, doesnt care about the employees. They only care that a pilot is there to move the plane. If the pilot shows up drunk, they will fire the pilot. If they cared about the pilot, they would get them treatment. Remember, nobody is looking out for you, except you.

were you drunk when you made this proclamation? of course they fire the pilot. anyone in a transportation industry is going to get canned for showing up drunk. i prefer that kind of world.

skiandsurf said:

If a company requires an applicant to be "sponsored", I dont want to work there. I am looking out for what is best for me and my family, and if that means quiting and moving on, so be it.

I will agree that you have to look out after yourself. But that is where my agreement with you ends. If you drink and fly - thereby jeopardizing the enitire airline and the futures of all employees - you had better be fired. If you fess up to your problem before you make the attempt to "take out" an airline, then you should (and would at Airtran) be given treatment and the opportunity to continue your career.

Secondly, they do care about how much they've spent to train a pilot ($10,000 so I've heard). They would much rather hire someone who isn't going to go to another carrier after a few months, or even a few years (which is what it would take to get the 737 type).

Finally, even at the almighty SWA one has to have a sponsor to get hired. So I guess that takes them off your list.

Cheers!

Latest resources

Back