• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran negotiations update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which means effectively a 5% pay raise ($2 to $3 dollars) each year over the term of the contract for the F/O's, leaving us firmly in the bottom 10% of major airline pay for F/O's.

That's criminal. The CA increases are in the ballpark and the FO's increases (precent) should be EXACTLY the same. Such BS. They must be hoping that they get 51% yes from the CA side to pass a TA. You guys should burn that place down because it's totally obvious that the "company" could give a sh!t about you!!!!!!!

Guys, take a step back and a deep breath. Section 5 (sched) is being reworked and section 4 (pay) has not even been handed between both sides both ways. So your numbers are not hard or made fast to real wording, let alone real pay number(s).

Last edited:
Agreed. Just talked with one of the higher-up union guys and they said that the target rates from the DVD are still their target rates and are in their proposal and little, if any retro can be expected.

Which means effectively a 5% pay raise ($2 to $3 dollars) each year over the term of the contract for the F/O's, leaving us firmly in the bottom 10% of major airline pay for F/O's.

While the CA's are looking at 15% raises initially, up to 45% by the end of the contract term which is essentially a $20 raise up front, up to $60 an hour towards the end).

That doesn't sound very equitable to me.

and if this is true I will vote no as well as start looking for another job...

p.s. I also heard progress was made on the Merger / Acquisition language and that it's the strongest any airline contract has ever had. They said Scope was hung up on 100-seat jets. Company wants unlimited use, union wants time limits put on them as an "experimental" basis, then they have to get rid of them or bring them in with OUR pilots flying them at OUR rates.

We need to be careful here. I think we should keep all the flying under 1 seniority list...

Guys, take a step back and a deep breath. Section 5 (sched) is being reworked and section 4 (pay) has not even been handed between both sides both ways. So your numbers are not hard or made fast to real wording, let alone real pay number(s).
I never said they were "hard and fast numbers".

I said "they were still the target rates".

I'm very disappointed that the target rate for F/O's is so incredibly low. There's no way on God's green earth that the Wilson Polling data supports that low of a contract opener.

Of course we'll all wait for the T.A. to come out, not going to get pissed off and let it ruin my time at work or anything.

Just realize that without double digit percentage increases immediately for the F/O's, it'll probably come back with a resounding NO.

We need to be careful here. I think we should keep all the flying under 1 seniority list...
Agreed.

I don't want to see ANY farmed-out flying... I'd fly an RJ for current 717 rates if it means a quicker upgrade, a better domicile, or the lines are drastically better.

A 100-seat aircraft could be our 717 replacement. 96 seats in a Business Class configuration with our current seat pitch is only 21 seats less with an operating cost rumored to be 30% less than the 717.

Now that JB has the MX kinks worked out of it, they're finding it to be a great workhorse and very efficient. I have a couple buddies on it there at JB and the company plans to get as many of them as they can. I think that aircraft would be fantastic on our DAY, CAK, MLI, types of routes.

BIG mistake to lose them, even for a trial period. The aircraft has already proven itself at 2 majors plus JB.

Common you guys. Lets listen to FLB-717. Do you really think that the union would pass down FO pay rates that are that crappy? I've been a Captain here for a while and I would not vote in any TA that would give myself a 20 dollar raise and peanuts for the FOs. I think alot of the guys here in the left seat remember what it was like to get paid crap in the right and they are going to vote accordingly.

All I can say is that 95% of the CA that I fly with say that FO rates are a deal breaker. Which makes me feel proud to be a part if this pilotgruop. I flew with my first CA this pass week that had, the well I got my, to bad for you attitude

Latest resources

Back