AirTran negotiations update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cav,

shouldn't you be out flying. Having a great time here, miss the guys at Tranny. Tell Joe R I said "hello." See ya.

-M

How many do we have?
Too many.

As well as too many people who will vote Yes on just about anything that comes across the table, as long as their pay and QOL doesn't decrease.

That's what makes this such a hard sell... and is why airlines such as NWA and DAL had such borderline YES votes on their concessionary contracts. All it takes is 51% to say "I can live with that", and everyone else gets stuck with it.

Hard to negotiate when management is very well aware of the 10% that will vote Yes no matter what and another 20 or so percent that will vote Yes as long as CA pay goes up. Management is more than halfway to a victory before they even step foot into the room to negotiate.

To the CA's who are willing to step up and do the right thing even though it doesn't benefit you, you have my sincere thanks! I'll buy you guys a beer any time! :beer:

What was I thinking? I was out in the sun most of the day. I see your point, but there can't be many of those left, not nearly enough to staff the airline if the rest walk. It probably won't come to that, but I believe there are preparations being taken, if negotiations come to another halt.

Dude... where's my career??

Anyway, you posted twice after this thread... so I know you are not holding your breath!
LOL... very true, I'm not. Making other preparations just like everyone else who stands to get stuck as an F/O for twice as long as planned, "just in case".

Hopefully they won't be needed,,, not making any drastic decisions until I see the final T.A. that gets voted in and the Midwest acquisition/seniority issue is settled.

Just say NO.This will send a strong signal to BOTH sides of the negotiating table. As a pilot group we do an outstanding job of keeping this airline on time and go above and beyond for customer service, efficiency, safety and providing a quality product for an economical price. We have demonstrated our unity as a pilot group by protecting each other after 9/11. Show our unity by voting a resounding NO. Scope, schedule language, and FO pay as well as cost of living adjustments are critical. I am proud of the pilot group and it's part in the productivity of this company. We have a great product and a great pilot group. True negotiations have only started happening this year. Everything else has been peacocks strutting around the table. Just say no and put them to work.

Latest resources

Back