• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran negotiations update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love this place and I believe in it. However I will not vote yes for anything that decreases qol. I also want to see a substantial increase in fo pay because a lot of you guys may be in that seat for a while. I don't think there are enough of the "I got mine" crowd to get a pos deal through. Oh yeah and I'd like a decent pay raise myself.

oh and maybe we could start hiring flight attendants from maxim......u should have seen one the other day ....oh man

Going from a 12 hr. duty day to a 13 hr. duty day is an automatic "NO" vote from me. All a 13 hour duty day will result in is more aircraft swaps and longer/more frequent sits.

Does anyone mind if I read the proposed T/A before I say how I am going to vote?
No, we don't mind at all what you do.

We're just discussing our minimum requirements from a contract. You can do whatever you like.

Don Verita said:
Going from a 12 hr. duty day to a 13 hr. duty day is an automatic "NO" vote from me. All a 13 hour duty day will result in is more aircraft swaps and longer/more frequent sits.
Rest assured the company will *PROMISE* that it will result in LESS sits, because "if we only had one more hour to play with, we could fly you on a turn instead of sit you for 3 hours"... :rolleyes:

And maybe it will... but they'd better be prepared to do away with sits with stricter language on required hotels for more than, say, a 2 hour sit, scheduled or rescheduled, or perhaps DOUBLE pay for every leg AFTER a 2 hour or greater scheduled or rescheduled sit.

If we're going to be sitting less, it won't bother them to sign for language that guarantees it, right? ;)

TWE Pilot said:
are you serious??? Aren't we supposed to always vote no on the first one?
:D

I know you're only kidding (mostly), but I've always wondered about this. You'll get a pilot who will spend an entire day haggling over $100 bucks on a used car lot, but will take the first offer presented him in a contract.

Unless it's just an absolute STEAL, no one EVER takes the first offer.

Just a thought. ;)

Last edited:
the difference is though, it's not the "first offer" but rather the first agreement between management and our union. Not quite the same thing...

as you can tell, i've got nothing else to do this afternoon......

I'll be happy to give them a 13 hour duty day, just show me the 1 for 2 duty rig and the 5.5 hour hard minimum day.

:);)

Latest resources

Back