• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran minimum bid schedules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Understand this, you can't drop anything at Airtran!!!
It will always get denied due to insufficient reserves. Even if you are at 100 block hours. This place is a joke.

Haven't seen a CA in the right seat since March. We had several large FO classes come out around then. We are alot shorter in the CA seat this summer. Too bad the CA they are putting through class in Aug won't be line qualified until Thanksgiving. Don't know too many reserve guys getting less than 100 hours of pay this month. Should make for an interesting July and August.

I guess maybe it is a space limitation why two Delta CA can't fly together.

You can drop stuff at Airtran, just not on weekends. We have alot of guys that want to work during the week and not many that want to work on the weekends. That why over 75% of the reserve line work over the weekend.

Another question, how many buddy passes do you guys get a year? I know it was a measly 6 in 1999 but have they changed it? Here at Midwest we get 16 roundtrips/year. Hopefully AirTran has improved their pass benefit since then or maybe Midwest's pass dept will hold on through a merger. Midwests online listing website is really great.

Another question, how many buddy passes do you guys get a year? I know it was a measly 6 in 1999 but have they changed it? Here at Midwest we get 16 roundtrips/year. Hopefully AirTran has improved their pass benefit since then or maybe Midwest's pass dept will hold on through a merger. Midwests online listing website is really great.

Still 6. And the pass bureau still sucks.

Good luck dropping anything.

Midwest online listing website is not even close to good. It's slooooow and requires 5-6 different clicks to list yourself and 4 out of the 10 times I've tried to check in I've gotten error messages telling me to start over and so then I start over and get the same message. Compared to other airlines' listing sites ours is a joke. Had a buddy at Skywest list me for a flight there, he was able to process my cc # , list me, give me a conf #, and 2nd day fedex the ticket to me in about a minute and a half (no cost for the fedex fee either). It takes that long to load some of the pages on Midwest listing site.

Don't even get me started on our pass bureau and their 7 business days to process a ticket crap. How long does it take to write out a ticket. 7 business days? That is just pure crap!

Now the jumpseat listing is great and our jumpseat reservation system is one of the best I've heard of. Hopefully that can be converted to Airtran! Or at least a free jumpseat can be solidified by their new, newer TA ????

Midwest online listing website is not even close to good. It's slooooow and requires 5-6 different clicks to list yourself and 4 out of the 10 times I've tried to check in I've gotten error messages telling me to start over and so then I start over and get the same message. Compared to other airlines' listing sites ours is a joke. Had a buddy at Skywest list me for a flight there, he was able to process my cc # , list me, give me a conf #, and 2nd day fedex the ticket to me in about a minute and a half (no cost for the fedex fee either). It takes that long to load some of the pages on Midwest listing site.

Don't even get me started on our pass bureau and their 7 business days to process a ticket crap. How long does it take to write out a ticket. 7 business days? That is just pure crap!

Now the jumpseat listing is great and our jumpseat reservation system is one of the best I've heard of. Hopefully that can be converted to Airtran! Or at least a free jumpseat can be solidified by their new, newer TA ????

I haven't had any of those problems. Maybe user error? I can make a listing in 90 seconds each and every time. Lately I have been making 7-8 listings/week. Sounds like you haven't dealt with many other pass dept's. This one is a joy compared to AirTran's. The 7 busines day crap will be going away soon enough when they automate that as well.

At AirTran you can list your family or write "Buddy Passes" on-line, the problem is you have to do it from a network computer- either in ATL or at an out-station terminal . . . not from home.

If you fax it in to the "Pass Bureau" it will generally get done in one to two bidness days.

As for dropping trips- weekends are difficult to drop, but like the Stones song says, " . . . you get what you need". It just might take SAP3.

BTW, I invented the term "SAP 3" but I never get credit for it. Now, everyone uses it . . . it just ain't right.

Yes, we do.

There's a core group of "me" Captains who just don't give a rat's about negotiations and are just happy to have a job,,, this is where the 10% of yes voters comes from. It's a bunch of crap, but nothing we can do about it.

The other 90% pretty much just says NO to the right seat CA flying as F/O.

It's in the contract.
It's better than the Lance Captain program at Southwest. (If you care to hear my take on why, PM me your phone #).
It's voluntary.
If you're picking up extra time, then you have no right to get onto people who fly right seat.

Just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back