• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just want the original intent of the agreement and nothing more. I realize the model changed, but it's at the expense of a couple hundred AAI captains.

The original intent of the agreement was to let your guys keep seats on the 717 as long as the company had 717's. Now that they are going away, those seats go away. That is the deal that both pilot groups agreed to and that is what is happening exactly.

But it will be the "SWAPA machine" as the sole representative of the combined group that will be "negotiating" any arbitrators award with SWA (vsALPA)...True or False?

Unlike most of my SWA brethren posting on these pages, I think Airtran ALPA has a valid point and a good chance of winning this B-717 grievance. Airtran pilots bid for some 717 cheese, which was then promptly moved. They're crying foul, I tend to agree with them.

It seems to me, however, that the biggest losers on the 717 deal are the SWAPA pilots. Where's our grievance? All 1700 pilots integrated, but most of the airplanes going to Delta. That's the big story here.

I think we want a fence around ATL, 525 CA seats as awarded in the transition bid, displacement rights, and money for guys negatively affected whom are on the SW side. If the arbitrator sees our case as this arbitrator did, I'd say we have a good chance...

I wouldn't start counting those chickens just yet. A merits case is a far different animal than a jurisdictional case. SWAPA's claim on the jurisdiction case was just batsh!t crazy. There was no way we were losing that one. But the merits case isn't quite so easy.

PCL,

Legitimate question, When/if an arbie awards in favor of AAI/ALPA... Does SWAPA negotiate that award with SWA? it is being presented that way on the SWAPA forums....

Who knows what an arbitrator would rule, but SW awarded 525 CA slots on the 717 and 15 RON 717 in ATL on 1/15. It is in the SIA and we all voted on it. Maybe SW could buy more 717's to fulfill their end of tje agreement. :) Not our fault they decided to sub lease 88 of them to Delta.

Latest resources

Back