• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC: Whine on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you think a strike will garner you a Left Seat?

Only if you Scab.....

You would be surprised how many young-uns crossed the line at Continental, Eastern and United....

Oh and the vaunted 570 at United? Many showed up at training with the full intention of crossing. How do I know? Because I was a conditional hire just like them but I knew damn well before hand they wanted me to Scab. So did my buddies. I stayed at Eastern. Everyone was in their 20's.

Could have Scabbed at Continental. Didn't. United. Didn't. Eastern. Didn't.

"I've got mine my ass".

I voted NO on all the SL's. unlike the 80% who did yet every single FO I fly with says they voted NO. Someone's lying. I'm a guessin it's sum of dem young uns.....

A Strike Vote with the guys that voted 80% yes, yet neither me nor my Buds have flown or had a beer one that will admit it?

Now that's some funny ********************.

Uh, no, we "get off" on kicking each other in the nuts. . . . Thought that would be abundantly clear by now.

Either put on your steel-toed boots and cup, or head over to www.girlscouts.org.

The choice is yours.

:laugh:

That's some funny sh!t right there! :laugh:

So you think a strike will garner you a Left Seat?

Only if you Scab.....

You would be surprised how many young-uns crossed the line at Continental, Eastern and United....

Oh and the vaunted 570 at United? Many showed up at training with the full intention of crossing. How do I know? Because I was a conditional hire just like them but I knew damn well before hand they wanted me to Scab. So did my buddies. I stayed at Eastern. Everyone was in their 20's.

Could have Scabbed at Continental. Didn't. United. Didn't. Eastern. Didn't.

"I've got mine my ass".

I voted NO on all the SL's. unlike the 80% who did yet every single FO I fly with says they voted NO. Someone's lying. I'm a guessin it's sum of dem young uns.....

A Strike Vote with the guys that voted 80% yes, yet neither me nor my Buds have flown or had a beer one that will admit it?

Now that's some funny ********************.
Left seat? I'm lucky to hold onto my right seat, thanks to this mess.

Dicko,

I've been great Mate. You?

I guess that's one way of looking at the comparison. ALPA, SWAPA ....doesn't matter to me. I have been with ALPA at 5 previous carriers and it has always boiled down this; how your Association functions is a matter of Member participation, education and the Leaders you elect. Apathy and ignorance on the part of the Membership is key. Particularly when it comes to electing your Leaders.

.303 absolutely. But I just broke away from the pack and purchased a LWRC 10.5" SBR in 6.8mm. Ammo is a little pricey but I am reloading my own which helps.

Strike vote at SWA is humorous. Besides. Never take a Strike vote unless you are willing to carry it out. The Eastern situation was a rare event in which I don't believe we had any other option other than Honoring the IAM strike because we would have been next. In virtually all other situations I believe Pilots should never take their hands off the Thrust Levers.

I've been good. Trying to 'avoid the man and keep it gangster'. Which is tough for a white guy with a club foot and and a mullet.

Haven't fired the 6.8mm, but I flew with a Navy guy that had good things to say about it. Apparently, he and his other Navy buddies spend weekends together shooting, and doing something called "snorkeling". Not really sure what he meant, but it sounded a little odd. ;)

Cheers,

DKo

Career expectations from a junior AT line holder:

Old plan:
My plan was to upgrade and fly in the left seat for 12 years till I retire making AT Capt. pay.

New plan:
Right seat for remainder of career making as much as I would have as AT Capt.

Difference:

I will be moving out west to maximize my seniority in a junior base. (Not in the original plan)
But in this industry moving is never out of the question.

I simply hope for the job security we would all like to have until retirement.

It would have been great to be captain for a few years, but the older I get, quality of life becomes more and more
Important and personal gratification begins to take a back seat. I will still be earning the same wages that I had originally
expected to earn just be in the right seat earning them.

I am looking forward to transitioning, and the new adventures that come with it.

OldManPilot, as a SWA First Officer, my plan is about the same. Is there much difference? I do not think so said the 2006 SWA hire. I like to start on Wednesdays and fly about 120ish a month. I may consider moving to drive to a base but riding it out right now seems like a better deal awaiting future changes.

OldManPilot, as a SWA First Officer, my plan is about the same. Is there much difference? I do not think so said the 2006 SWA hire. I like to start on Wednesdays and fly about 120ish a month. I may consider moving to drive to a base but riding it out right now seems like a better deal awaiting future changes.

I have been ready all the chest pounding, ego building posts on this, and other AT/SWA threads and frankly I'm tired of it. If the time and energy spent bashing each other was put to better use, many more of us would be much happier and the transition would be less stressful to all.

Just my $.02

Latest resources

Back