Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not about the money you tool.

I'll never forget this screw job, and I'll be in left seat soon after 1/15, controlling the operation of the APU, the write ups and the throttles.

Good times, good times.
Wow, and you have the audacity to call someone else a tool. By all means, try out that strategy, I'm begging you.

I guess it was never was about the money.... BULL#HIT. You Fing cry babies. Your lucky - silver linings bitches.

You do understand that not everyone is "all about money." Take me for example, I have a military retirement and the healthcare that goes with it. I wanted to be at AT since they are ATL based and that is my home. I did not apply to DL since their junior bases required me to commute. To me it is all about NOT commuting (money comes in second). I've got kids in high school and I will miss a lot of their activites commuting to a SWA base. Money will never replace that. I get frustrated by that but realize there is nothing I can do about it other than find a new job...oh yeah there isn't any.

You need to get passed the fact that not all of us bow at the altar of SWA. You obviously like the place - good for you - but have a little class and grasp the fact that some folks will miss parts of their kids lives that we can never get back.

Phred

You do understand that not everyone is "all about money." Take me for example, I have a military retirement and the healthcare that goes with it. I wanted to be at AT since they are ATL based and that is my home. I did not apply to DL since their junior bases required me to commute. To me it is all about NOT commuting (money comes in second). I've got kids in high school and I will miss a lot of their activites commuting to a SWA base. Money will never replace that. I get frustrated by that but realize there is nothing I can do about it other than find a new job...oh yeah there isn't any.

You need to get passed the fact that not all of us bow at the altar of SWA. You obviously like the place - good for you - but have a little class and grasp the fact that some folks will miss parts of their kids lives that we can never get back.

Phred
Yeah, OK. Isn't the junior base at DAL in the atl? Le general?

Phred
I feel for you Phred. I am also not all about the money, hell my "trophy wife" makes more than I do. If I was a senior AT CA living in Atlanta I would definitely see this as a blow to my paycheck and quality of life.

If quality of life and time off are important to you, you will have plenty of options to massage your schedule. SWA really does have spectacular flexibility. You really can work as much or as little as you choose. I was able to earn considerably North of six figures averaging ten work days a month. The Atlanta base announcement should also go a long way to keeping you at home since I don't think it will be a senior base in the system.

There really is only one way to look at this whole thing, it is all over and done with so we may as well figure out a way to make the best of it,

I guess it was never was about the money.... BULL#HIT. You Fing cry babies. Your lucky - silver linings bitches.

Not everyone is a money grabbing, materialistic a-Hole like yourself Mr. SWA gearjerker. Speaking of which, and only since you brought it up, since your cult that flys airplanes bought us, our pay has gone down month after month.

By SW having to throw around threats and ultimatums to get what they want is all the proof any thinking person would need to know to come to the conclusion that the SIA was a screw job.

Keep talking your skit tho, I'll be your capt soon 'nuff boy.

There really is only one way to look at this whole thing, it is all over and done with so we may as well figure out a way to make the best of it,

Easy for you to say.

Personally, I have enough resentment to last the rest of my career.

By all means, let it rot your insides if that is what makes you happy, but the fact remains it will change absolutely NOTHING.

Again, easy for you to say. You'd be singing a different tune if your new employer threw you over a barrel and screwed you up the brown eye then kissed you on the forehead. Resentment and animosity runs deep compadre.

Again, easy for you to say. You'd be singing a different tune if your new employer threw you over a barrel and screwed you up the brown eye then kissed you on the forehead. Resentment and animosity runs deep compadre.
Again, deal with things how you choose. If you want it to be at the forefront of your life and negatively impact your entire existence, feel free to do so.

This is not my first career and I have lived through corporate acquisitions in the past. One of them not only eliminated my job, but my entire division. So, I do have some insight as to how you are feeling. I was left with no job instead of one that I felt to be less desirable. I chose to move on with my life and not stress over the things I could not change. You however will need to find out how to make it through this on your own. Good luck to you, I hope you choose a path that will allow you some peace.

Last edited:
Again, deal with things how you choose. If you want it to be at the forefront of your life and negatively impact your entire existence, feel free to do so.

This is not my first career and I have lived through corporate acquisitions in the past. One of them not only eliminated my job, but my entire division. So, I do have some insight as to how you are feeling. I was left with no job instead of one that I felt to be less desirable. I chose to move on with my life and not stress over the things I could not change. You however will need to find out how to make it through this on your own. Good luck to you, I hope you choose a path that will allow you some peace.

You basically raped these people and now you are telling them to
"Deal with it." Nice.

"Deal with it"

Latest resources

Back