• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll save everyone the time, you're lieing.

Very telling when you try to sway opinion with the fact that ONLY 250 loud individuals affected the livelehoods and rights of 1700 dues paying members.

I trust Rob with my life, you, the invisible man behind the curtain, not so much.

See you in court.

He has his opinion. You have yours. I have mine. I was there and heard it with my own two ears. I challenge any other person WHO WAS ACTUALLY THERE to contact me personally and say differently.

There were a lot of dissenting comments between the leadership that day. But not one of then disagrees with how it went down.

Believe who you want. It's irrelevant at this point.

No, it's pointless to try to blame AT pilots for this corner you've backed yourselves into. Perhaps if your SWAPA leaders had not loudly and consistently promised SWA pilots nothing less than a near staple of AT pilots, you would have left yourselves some room to maneuver and wouldn't be in this mess today. Most unfortunate.

I am not blaming the AT pilots. I am referring to your personal remark. I don't believe we as a group have backed ourselves into a corner. You are insinuating that we did. I am in disagreement with YOUR perception.

I got a game to watch! :)

RB

Last edited:
Why? It will just be thrown back in our face again as "You're lying." :rolleyes:

The simple FACT is, in front of about 250 or so line pilots, the ENTIRE MEC, including ALL status reps, Sec/Treas from each domicile, the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, MEC Sec/Treas, Neg Comm Chair, Merger Committee, ALPA EVP, and 2 Senior ALPA Attorneys, the MEC explained what happened in Dallas the weekend the AIP was agreed to and went into the EXACT detail that Fly-By-Wire posted above that has been called "a lie".

NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN THE ROOM SAID THAT ACCOUNT WASN'T ACCURATE. NOT ONE. Make no mistake, when one of the reps said the one thing in that account that wasn't agreed with (who called who on Saturday morning), they got into a BIG tit-for-tat, but on the IMPORTANT POINTS ABOVE, not one single person among the people in our leadership who were FOR the agreement spoke up and said that account was incorrect.

So our entire leadership, including the MC who brought this thing and believed in it, agree with the account Fly-By-Wire posted of how it happened. You may not like that. SWAPA may not like it. No one's asking you to. But to insist that it's a "lie" is really not your position to make.

I also find it amusing that people assume that "the big evil nasty MEC council wanted to vote this down and was just looking for an excuse". The fact is the vote was 6-2 IN FAVOR in the week before the MEC meeting. MEC officers were defending this thing just as ardently as the MC up 'til the end when the pilots got out and convinced their reps to kill it.

Sorry for the reality check, we now return you to your regular FlightInfo programming.

That is pretty much exactly how I heard it. Don't think either Lear or Fly-by-Wire are lying. Perhaps certain events were perceived differently depending on which side of the negotiating table you were on. That whole message garbled after repeat transmissions thing.

I am not blaming the AT pilots. I am referring to your personal remark. I don't believe we as a group have backed ourselves into a corner. You are insinuating that we did. I am in disagreement with YOUR perception.

I got a game to watch! :)

RB
You may not call it a corner, but SWAPA has clearly left itself no good options. Having promised a staple that they can't deliver, they now have an angry mob of SWA pilots to deal with.

You may not call it a corner, but SWAPA has clearly left itself no good options. Having promised a staple that they can't deliver, they now have an angry mob of SWA pilots to deal with.

Nindiri,

What are you smoking dude. SWAPA never promised anyone a staple, or any such terms....plain and simple. Please stick with the facts.

RF

Yes, they definitely promised a staple, or near staple. SWA pilots have made that clear on this board.

Why did SWAPA make such a reckless promise?

Lear,

I'm confused about the timeline that Fly By discusses. He states that the MC was headed out of Dallas when called by Gary Kelly to discuss other options.

I thought the 'Gary Kelly' meeting was pushed back a week from the original date. How could the MC be held hostage in Dallas when this meeting was known to ALL parties? Are we talking about two meetings?

RF

No sadly he. Is part of there MEC/ NC

Sad to see what he is doing to a lot of families.

Of course I'm not on MEC or MC. Only your leaders fire off statements in the heat of moment that later will be used against them. Like SC's e-mail that has 2 such points.
1. We were gonna buy their seniority.
2. We will abide by Process Agreement.

As for Rob Zerbe, out 5 of his bullet points only 1 is a fact that I also posted....no lawyers were in the room. The rest 4 about good faith, and MEC screwing us, are just his perception - not facts.

BTW no secret negotiation table information here, just a time line of how events unfolded. (public record)

To Rob: Are you denying the fact that our MC walked out of negotiations with intent to take this to the next step - Mediation? And if Gary didn't call them back there would no deal to argue about now. Doesn't seem like SWAPA deserves a whole lot of credit for negotiating in "good faith."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back