• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC vote - explained

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude can you read and interpret? Are you drunk? The new hire Delta guy harps over and over about the cost of the type rating because he has nothing to add. Delta new hires make more than $5000 a month? I don't think so.
Seriously, you sound like a Delta connection wannabe. Good luck with that.

Speaking of "adding", be prepared to add a lot of AT pilots to your list, and not all at the bottom. And they didn't have to pay $10k to get there. That's great drunk boy!

OYS

Speaking of "adding", be prepared to add a lot of AT pilots to your list, and not all at the bottom. And they didn't have to pay $10k to get there. That's great drunk boy!

OYS
Well unless they put someone over me with my 20 years, I'm not going to worry too much. But it must really chap you that someone who was in 5th grade when you were flying around in your Eagle will be making $240,000 a year flying a 3rd world jet into Omaha! He will be riding around in a 700 series BMW while you are trying to charge up your Chevy Volt. But worst of all is the fact that as a Delta new hire,if you don't get furloughed, at your late middle age you probably won't check out till your pushing 60. Even then it's right back to sitting reserve on a Mad Dog till you retire, flying through ATL 6 times in 3 days with plane changes and sit time all for the bargain salary of what our F/O's are making. Good God man, no wonder you are so pissed off.
If you aren't a drunk already, you should consider it. That is depressing. Well, talk to you later Old Man. Maybe Smithers can give you a back rub or something...........

SWAPA doesn't want to be the next USair, and neither does GK. Airtran rolled the dice, and will win. Godspeed!

really?

I am just going to take wild guess and say your probably a Delta guy. Now it just so happens I have a whole lot of friends that fly for you guys so I have been getting my info first hand. Delta parties, many Guard get togethers at Dobbins over the years, etc. Ever since the first Valuejet plane took off from ATL through The Airtran changeover, all I ever heard whenever the subject came up, and it came up a lot from them, was what a bunch of losers,two bit screw ups and jerks the Valuejet/airtran guys were. The vitriol and derision was second to none. A few times I made the mistake of trying to defend the non Eastern Scabs. and that just made everyone madder. (I'm ex-eal). So forgive me when all of a sudden I read all this pity and new found love for good ol Air tran and just have to laugh hysterically. When did this metamorphosis at Delta take place? When they voted in ALPA? When Joe Leonard retired? When Delta took massive concessions during bankruptcy?
None of the above. The so called love fest between Delta and their ALPA brothers started the day Southwest bought them. You may be able to fool some others on this forum about your dear love and respect for Airtran but I know better. Any of the Valuejet or Airtran guys from the 90's know damn well Im right. So spare me the bs about why we aren't nicer to the Airtran guys. Hypocrisy in it's finest form. What's that old saying? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.......

Maybe this explains why you always hear "dixie" vs. "delta" coming from an AT jet.

Not everyone can pay $10k to do it at SWA, you're right! Oh wait, the Airtran guys will! ahahahaha! It will happen, and they will get their fair seniority, and the pay eventually. SWAPA doesn't want to be the next USair, and neither does GK. Airtran rolled the dice, and will win. Godspeed!

OYS
Wow!!??

Never did i say it was MY money. It's a quote that came from my union leader. Lets not forget which pilot group negotiated one of the best contracts in the industry that you will hopefully be apart of.

In think you have such a good contract because everybody else has fallen backward so far...

Maybe this explains why you always hear "dixie" vs. "delta" coming from an AT jet.

I can...because in ATL on ground freq ATC, AirTran and Delta pilots use word "Delta" only as a call sign of an airline. All other reference to gates, or taxiway are (and published so on Jepps) called Dixie.
Yes, you guessed it, it is because of Delta's presence at the airport. Otherwise it would sound something like this "Delta 123 taxi via Delta, to Delta3, give way to Delta 767 opposite direction on Delta, he is headed to Delta 4."
Get it?
It's a habit most who fly in and out of ATL have, has nothing to do with hating Delta.

Last edited:
I am just going to take wild guess and say your probably a Delta guy. Now it just so happens I have a whole lot of friends that fly for you guys so I have been getting my info first hand. Delta parties, many Guard get togethers at Dobbins over the years, etc. Ever since the first Valuejet plane took off from ATL through The Airtran changeover, all I ever heard whenever the subject came up, and it came up a lot from them, was what a bunch of losers,two bit screw ups and jerks the Valuejet/airtran guys were. The vitriol and derision was second to none. A few times I made the mistake of trying to defend the non Eastern Scabs. and that just made everyone madder. (I'm ex-eal). So forgive me when all of a sudden I read all this pity and new found love for good ol Air tran and just have to laugh hysterically. When did this metamorphosis at Delta take place? When they voted in ALPA? When Joe Leonard retired? When Delta took massive concessions during bankruptcy?
None of the above. The so called love fest between Delta and their ALPA brothers started the day Southwest bought them. You may be able to fool some others on this forum about your dear love and respect for Airtran but I know better. Any of the Valuejet or Airtran guys from the 90's know damn well Im right. So spare me the bs about why we aren't nicer to the Airtran guys. Hypocrisy in it's finest form. What's that old saying? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.......

Not to get in a big debate about it, but here is you go.

#1 I do work for DAL

#2 If your ex-eal, I think thats Eastern? But anyway, I was referring to the many pilots that are my friends at Airtran. No really the very old- like yourself.

#3 I'm not from Peachtree city, so sitting around talking about people is not me.

#4 Alpa has nothing to so with it. This is my own opinion of how some good guys stood up for themselves.

#5 if your want to talk about it- Just PM me. I will explain in detail.

Latest resources

Back