• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC vote - explained

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.....Hmmmm....how about giving our former Airtran pilots their original date of hire from Airtran?
You bet, I'll give them the date of hire SWA bought them from AT. If thats not reasonable to your side, then we get to add our previous employers date of hire, seeing as you want to use a previous employers DOH as your starting point, we should be allowed to add ours, it's only fair.

I didn't see my 2 mil dollar check. Oh you mean you're a promising me to maybe someday make 2 mil dollars...Wow, my credit score just peaked.

I like how SWAPA enjoys throwing money around that is not theirs.

Never did i say it was MY money. It's a quote that came from my union leader. Lets not forget which pilot group negotiated one of the best contracts in the industry that you will hopefully be apart of.

It's really sad to see how the SWA guys are treating the Airtran pilots just because they didn't accept a terrible proposal. I applaud the Airtran pilots for not laying down. If they feel they are getting shafted, good for them to stick up for themselves.

DAL and NWA didn't agree in the beginning either, but it never got this nasty.

SWA guys, you must understand: Your not the king of the jungle anymore. It was a good run.

Were all in the same game. Get over yourselves.

Treat your new fellow pilots with respect, you may be pulling gear for them soon.

I am just going to take wild guess and say your probably a Delta guy. Now it just so happens I have a whole lot of friends that fly for you guys so I have been getting my info first hand. Delta parties, many Guard get togethers at Dobbins over the years, etc. Ever since the first Valuejet plane took off from ATL through The Airtran changeover, all I ever heard whenever the subject came up, and it came up a lot from them, was what a bunch of losers,two bit screw ups and jerks the Valuejet/airtran guys were. The vitriol and derision was second to none. A few times I made the mistake of trying to defend the non Eastern Scabs. and that just made everyone madder. (I'm ex-eal). So forgive me when all of a sudden I read all this pity and new found love for good ol Air tran and just have to laugh hysterically. When did this metamorphosis at Delta take place? When they voted in ALPA? When Joe Leonard retired? When Delta took massive concessions during bankruptcy?
None of the above. The so called love fest between Delta and their ALPA brothers started the day Southwest bought them. You may be able to fool some others on this forum about your dear love and respect for Airtran but I know better. Any of the Valuejet or Airtran guys from the 90's know damn well Im right. So spare me the bs about why we aren't nicer to the Airtran guys. Hypocrisy in it's finest form. What's that old saying? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.......

I am just going to take wild guess and say your probably a Delta guy. Now it just so happens I have a whole lot of friends that fly for you guys so I have been getting my info first hand. Delta parties, many Guard get togethers at Dobbins over the years, etc. Ever since the first Valuejet plane took off from ATL through The Airtran changeover, all I ever heard whenever the subject came up, and it came up a lot from them, was what a bunch of losers,two bit screw ups and jerks the Valuejet/airtran guys were. The vitriol and derision was second to none. A few times I made the mistake of trying to defend the non Eastern Scabs. and that just made everyone madder. (I'm ex-eal). So forgive me when all of a sudden I read all this pity and new found love for good ol Air tran and just have to laugh hysterically. When did this metamorphosis at Delta take place? When they voted in ALPA? When Joe Leonard retired? When Delta took massive concessions during bankruptcy?
None of the above. The so called love fest between Delta and their ALPA brothers started the day Southwest bought them. You may be able to fool some others on this forum about your dear love and respect for Airtran but I know better. Any of the Valuejet or Airtran guys from the 90's know damn well Im right. So spare me the bs about why we aren't nicer to the Airtran guys. Hypocrisy in it's finest form. What's that old saying? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.......

I've been commuter since day 1 at FL (over 9 years ) and never once has any DL guy been any less than the consummate professional towards towards me, and this was long before ALPA was on the property. Because this is all going forward to the next step as was previously agreed upon, you harbor some serious ill will. Like it or not we're in this together ..One luv, brutha

Last edited:
True, but not just anyone can do it at SWA. You gotta get the job first and that's the hardest part.

Funny, but SWA in the early '90s was where you went when you couldn't get a legacy job.

Get over yourself.

Funny, but SWA in the early '90s was where you went when you couldn't get a legacy job.

Get over yourself.

Funny, but no legacies were hiring in the early 90's except maybe United. Usair had furloughed, Delta had furloughed.

Get over yourself.....and try not to make up stories.

Listen to the furloughed United guy...he's savvy...he's smart...and he's most likely broke. He's really hung up on the $10,000. For him being furloughed and on probation that's a lot of bucks. But for me it was a small price to pay. I make that in less than 2 weeks. OYS more like 2 months. Keep listening to the furloughed guy. Just remember, if SWA doesn't work out for you, there are lots of other options. Just ask Burnsy........

Dude, are you drunk? Quit typing when you are drunk. Read what you are writing... OYS looks like a newhire Delta pilot from his profile and former furloughed UAL and ex-military. Seriously, you sound like a complete doooooooosh.

None of the above. The so called love fest between Delta and their ALPA
brothers started the day Southwest bought them. You may be able to fool some others on this forum about your dear love and respect for Airtran but I know better. Any of the Valuejet or Airtran guys from the 90's know damn well Im right. So spare me the bs about why we aren't nicer to the Airtran guys. Hypocrisy in it's finest form. What's that old saying? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.......

If you guys go to arbitration, it's gonna be a real wakeup call for you. You guys think so much of yourselves. It reminds me a lot of the USair East pilots, confident until the award came out. Popcorn is ready!

OYS

Last edited:
Date of hire... Fixes everything--- enough said

Tell that to the Pinnacle Colgan Mesaba Arbitrator-Blochhead. I am still floored that if you were hired before 2001 at Mesaba you gained seniority (up to 10%), while if you were hired between 2001-2003 you lost up to 10% seniority. if you get an arbitrator like MR BLOCH like we did he will put not logical thought into his decision while leaving out important facts on a groups career expectations.

I tell you this, I think you just passed on a deal that might have been the best case scenario for you guys.

Oh by the way, I cannot tell you how many of my friends came back from various meetings with union reps who said that the likely outcome was DOH..........I will continue attempting to leave mesaba as starting over elsewhere is better than dealing with half my seniority being given away. Oh and I am not talking about going to another regional-i must wait for something better.

Dude, are you drunk? Quit typing when you are drunk. Read what you are writing... OYS looks like a newhire Delta pilot from his profile and former furloughed UAL and ex-military. Seriously, you sound like a complete doooooooosh.

Dude can you read and interpret? Are you drunk? The new hire Delta guy harps over and over about the cost of the type rating because he has nothing to add. Delta new hires make more than $5000 a month? I don't think so.
Seriously, you sound like a Delta connection wannabe. Good luck with that.

Latest resources

Back