• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quiet flight, you are a truly classless and pathetic little man.

Btw, a good friend who was in the third transition class just finished training and reports that every pilot, without exception, has succesfully completed training... Which shows even more what a deranged little bed-wetter you really are.:bawling:

how does it affect you for your alter-ego lower-cost carrier to get some type of compensation for such a huge alteration in the SIA that was agreed to where we gave up seniority for CA seats on an airplane that now will no longer be here?

The logical thing to do would be for YOU to WANT us on pay parity, so as to eliminate the incentive for management to operate us past 1/1/15... that's in YOUR best interest, as well as ours

For me, Lear, its quite simple. ATN ALPA rejected a deal with the pay and protections. Y'all then accepted a deal that provided more seniority for a greater number of your pilots, but with less money. Your pilots paid a price for the increase in seniority.

Suppose SL10 had everything we voted on, but with pay parity for your pilots. Would we have felt you were getting too much? Would that have affected the outcome of our vote?

Perhaps we should say that because the 717 deal will put more ATN pilots in our system more quickly, we will need ROR to all our bases so the monthly +/- doesn't unfairly impact our pilots.

Further, I don't see the 'logic' in pay parity. If the company operates you past 1/1/15, they will be in violation and will have to work out something with SWAPA. While I appreciate your concern for whats in our best interest, parity is not. The company will be in violation whether you get pay parity or not, so why would it really concern me?

I can't believe some of you (AT) think you are negotiating for pay parity. ALPA needs to manage your expectations better. SWA will not be renegotiating your pay rates while on the AT side--I guarantee it.
I understand your pain and angst with change and transition, but expecting SWA pay rates is delusional at this point.

The logical thing to do would be for YOU to WANT us on pay parity, so as to eliminate the incentive for management to operate us past 1/1/15...

Could not agree more! Unfortunately there are lot of SWA F/Os facing displacement as more senior AAI pilots transition to the SWA side, you must understand that those folks may not be feeling the LUV either...

Thanks for the reasonable post, I appreciate it.

For me, Lear, its quite simple. ATN ALPA rejected a deal with the pay and protections. Y'all then accepted a deal that provided more seniority for a greater number of your pilots, but with less money. Your pilots paid a price for the increase in seniority.
True, but that's only HALF the story. I know, because I was in the room. We ALSO took LESS seniority because we were going to retain our 717 Captain slots. That was very specifically discussed. If we had not been given our 717 Captain seats, we would have wanted more seniority so that more of our Captains would be able to hold Captain on the Southwest side of the partition. So now we have a situation where they're taking away part of what we negotiated, and that simply isn't right.

Suppose SL10 had everything we voted on, but with pay parity for your pilots. Would we have felt you were getting too much? Would that have affected the outcome of our vote?
Possibly. However, we had no say in SL10. Just as these negotiations will be on our side of the fence and SWAPA has no say. You can support us or not support us, it really isn't germane to the discussion. It *IS*, however, why we cannot negotiate Captain pay protection on the Southwest side of the fence - that would be a SWAPA CBA issue and we have no input in that whatsoever.

Perhaps we should say that because the 717 deal will put more ATN pilots in our system more quickly, we will need ROR to all our bases so the monthly +/- doesn't unfairly impact our pilots.
Excellent, you are partially making out point for us. First, however, this will not put MORE ATN pilots in your system more quickly, it actually DELAYS them coming over until well past 2015. 36 717's will still be left to transition to Delta in 2015.

Back to the point, your idea of the negative impact of earlier 717-737 pilot transition makes you want something in return, ROR to your bases. So why, since the 717 deal unfairly impacts our pilots, should WE not want something to offset it?

Personally I have no problem with you guys having a one-time RoR to the base you held prior to the announcement, as long as we get pay parity. Done deal, let's go tell GK we have it all worked out. ;) Once everyone is over and that one-time RoR is exercised, the playing field is leveled, and we all bid bases per the ISL, with our greatly diminished seniority, that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Further, I don't see the 'logic' in pay parity. If the company operates you past 1/1/15, they will be in violation and will have to work out something with SWAPA.
We will see...

While I appreciate your concern for whats in our best interest, parity is not. The company will be in violation whether you get pay parity or not, so why would it really concern me?
Again, it doesn't hurt you, and the push against it seems to be nothing but spite. Why does it "hurt" you for us to have pay parity? Not how "it isn't in line with the SIA", but how, specifically, would it cause Southwest pilots harm?

If you don't see why an alter-ego carrier operating all your international at greatly reduced pay rates is a problem, then I'm simply speechless. We're going to have to simply agree to disagree on the 1/1/15 "violation" issue. The loophole is there, just as there have been in just about everything else.

It is very apparent that it is every man for himself in this LUVless merger. They don't give a crap about me and I don't give a crap abou them.

It is very apparent that it is every man for himself in this LUVless merger. They don't give a crap about me and I don't give a crap abou them.

Yeah. that was truly one of the most classless posts ive ever seen on FI, and thats saying A LOT!

Sorry Bubba I forgot.......Little quiteflight must have that warrior spirit thing going, you can even see it in his avatar!

Latest resources

Back