• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brit, then you are either a current SWA pilot on SWA painted equipment or you are not at either AT or SWA all together. I say this because all AT pilots will be across the partition in the next 2.5 years. Also, SWA will not furlough under normal recessions etc. If WW3 starts, maybe but not a recession. Line totals will drop I predict, but they will not furlough. My penny.

I'll send you my employee # so you can verify me.

We will NOT all be over in 21/2 years, far from it. There is no time line, if there was I would know about it.

Pilots four years junior to me are crossing over before me, not right.

We will be around 400 numbers fat and it is not possible for us all to complete the required 60 days training by Jan 2015 so you tell me what will happen.

New reservation system not in place for at least two more years will further slow the pace of integration.

So you see your time frame is impossible and there is a very good chance of furlough.

Last edited:
I keep hearing folks say the time line is on track. Really? Lear has shown #'s to show it's not. If you don't believe him, and are somewhat decent at math, try some - you can't come up with a way to get all the AT folks over until late 2015 at the earliest.

If the SWA guys have an actual timeline for us to see, I'd love to look at it. SWAPA doesn't have one, nor does ALPA. If the company has one, they're not showing us. No one on the AT side has one, save for the original, and that still has 717 transitions, so we know its void.

"SWA has never furloughed"..., yeah I get that. But as many SWA guys state, the AT pilots are not real SWA pilots - yet. Furloughs could very easily occur on the AT side, and the "Southwest has never furloughed" statement would still be true - in their eyes.

My timeframe is only impossible in your eyes. I will start with your employee number. I don't care and don't need to verify you, it doesnt matter. Next para.... There is a timeline and you do know about it. It says, that all of you will be over here by Jan 2015.

It may not be right that people junior to you are getting here before you, but I'm not here to debate right and wrong.

60 days of training? I consider day one of training as across the partition. Maybe you don't but I believe when you get that SWA ID, you are across. 60 days???? who told you that crap.

SWA will not furlough unless the world is in a really bad way. See, Avengers, bad way.

I keep hearing folks say the time line is on track. Really? Lear has shown #'s to show it's not. If you don't believe him, and are somewhat decent at math, try some - you can't come up with a way to get all the AT folks over until late 2015 at the earliest.

If the SWA guys have an actual timeline for us to see, I'd love to look at it. SWAPA doesn't have one, nor does ALPA. If the company has one, they're not showing us. No one on the AT side has one, save for the original, and that still has 717 transitions, so we know its void.

"SWA has never furloughed"..., yeah I get that. But as many SWA guys state, the AT pilots are not real SWA pilots - yet. Furloughs could very easily occur on the AT side, and the "Southwest has never furloughed" statement would still be true - in their eyes.

I'm sorry, you guys are right. You will be stuck on your side of the partition from now on. You will never come over and you will be furloughed. Keep pounding the negativity guys, it does you and your family alot of good. I hear Sonic is hiring. People like drive ins this time of year. Best of luck.........

My timeframe is only impossible in your eyes. I will start with your employee number. I don't care and don't need to verify you, it doesnt matter. Next para.... There is a timeline and you do know about it. It says, that all of you will be over here by Jan 2015.

It may not be right that people junior to you are getting here before you, but I'm not here to debate right and wrong.

60 days of training? I consider day one of training as across the partition. Maybe you don't but I believe when you get that SWA ID, you are across. 60 days???? who told you that crap.

SWA will not furlough unless the world is in a really bad way. See, Avengers, bad way.

That's what I keep telling you. We will not all be over by Jan 2015 it's impossible.
How many guys are getting across this year? About 100, that leaves 1650 of us to go.

The 60 days of training crap comes from your Training Dept. That is their time frame regardless of current equipment. Now crunch the numbers and tell me your time frame will work.

I'm sorry, you guys are right. You will be stuck on your side of the partition from now on. You will never come over and you will be furloughed. Keep pounding the negativity guys, it does you and your family alot of good. I hear Sonic is hiring. People like drive ins this time of year. Best of luck.........

Thanks we need it.

Hey dude, Like I said, I consider day one of training across the partition. I never said you would finish training by Jan 2015, I said you would start. Training is NOT 60 days. With your limited ability to read and understand I can see why you are scared.

Latest resources

Back