• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC Chair message.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trust me, plenty of you are gloating don't pretend otherwise.
And we are looking at a possible furlough too. Gets better here all the time.

For me, it was never about the money, and it still really isn't.
I guess I can count on you to donate any extra compensation from this to the charities of my choosing. Once you come over to the place you loathed so much. Ill give you a routing number to send the funds. OK? Plus anything you win from any such grievance.

I guess I can count on you to donate any extra compensation from this to the charities of my choosing. Once you come over to the place you loathed so much. Ill give you a routing number to send the funds. OK? Plus anything you win from any such grievance.

I'll consider that as soon as you give me back my seniority.

Trust me, plenty of you are gloating don't pretend otherwise.

I've not seen one pilot on this side gloat. Zero. That would assume there's something to gloat about-
Seriously, best option: get the choice to go to delta. You'd find 100% support for that from Swapa. And 100% support for those who actually want to be here.

I'll consider that as soon as you give me back my seniority.

What seniority? you really want to argue that again with your fuzzy math?
Be realistic. DOH would mean these were equal jobs and for your most senior would equal a 20% loss of seniority because we have guys who've been here since the early 80's. Do you?
Keep being realistic- think this group would allow any AT pilot to go above a Morris pilot who got stapled? You're being dumb if you thought otherwise.

Then let's look at precedent. Every integration gave seniority for widebody pay. Why? Lifestyle? Quality of pairings? Or money? Pilots bid 90% for money and no other reason.

You get fully integrated and you get an industry leading contract and 8 new bases. You don't get everything. The ONLY thing you had to give was seniority and a vast majority of us will always believe you didn't give enough- should have been DOH -5 across the list- and you'd still be ahead IMO -

But we've had this debate already haven't we?
I will welcome all of you that want to be here sincerely, but those with an attitude, I hope you do everybody a favor and move on in some way.
Again, I will push for you to have that choice if you want delta. That seems like the best solution for many of you.

Trust me Brit, I don't think anyone is getting furloughed, but again your junior pilots had more furlough protection and a TON more money in the first agreement.

But it was voted down. The SW pilots had nothing to do with that.

Then let's look at precedent. Every integration gave seniority for widebody pay. Why? Lifestyle? Quality of pairings? Or money? Pilots bid 90% for money and no other reason.

You get fully integrated and you get an industry leading contract and 8 new bases. You don't get everything. The ONLY thing you had to give was seniority and a vast majority of us will always believe you didn't give enough- should have been DOH -5 across the list- and you'd still be ahead IMO -

Well stated Wave. You hit the biggest points in one short post.

Well said wave. I guess he is all mouth and money does matter. Otherwise he can donate anytime to my two charities.

I've not seen one pilot on this side gloat. Zero. That would assume there's something to gloat about-
Seriously, best option: get the choice to go to delta. You'd find 100% support for that from Swapa. And 100% support for those who actually want to be here.

There you go. How many Captain seats did you gain? There is no Delta option, you know that.
I was told by one of your guys that I was not good enough to be a SWA FO because I didn't have a type. Really? I have a type and six thousand hours of 737 time, but not good enough apparantly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back