• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Zman, I hereby propose a permanent fence around atl. New swapa cba to include "wholly owned subsidiary". Growth metrics apply to both sides. That way GK can operate his "alter ego" airline out of atl connecting with swa, set up to run like domestic codeshare. You guys keep your pay and base, then everyone will be happy.

No, that wont work, they want MORE and MORE.

You guys notice how the most vocal divisive posters on this subject "claim" to not work for Southwest?

Lonestar,

I thought you were one of the more reasonable people on this forum. The Transition Agreement is important to both Pilot Groups. I have no idea why my post pushed you over the edge. Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?

AAI Pilots have a Contract. SWA Pilots have a contract. Until we (AAI Pilots) are part of your contract, our contract needs to be respected. I'm not sure why you chose to take umbrage with this, it would seem to be pretty self-evident. What do you think we would be working under in the interim? Your union understands it. SWA management understands it, you seem to be the one person that doesn't understand it.

Ty, I understand the theory of a transition agreement, and I certainly understand OUR need for one considering the number of sections SWA must get around from our contract to make this acquisition happen.

Nothing pushed me over the edge, but I do think its laughable that you think SWA and SWAPA need to negotiate a transition around points of your new contract. A contract you would never have were it not for this acquisition! In fact, were it not for this acquisition you would have nothing more than a crappy old contract and a big NO from the NMB had you asked for release from mediation.

I understand the importance of a Transition Agreement for both groups.
There's plenty to be concerned about with the team representing the AT pilots though. First, TO explains repeatedly that there is no such team; that the NC will do all the transition talks. Then LH announces there will be a team...and he's the boss. This is another reason to worry about the amount of time LH spends with SWAPA.

Latest resources

Back