• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, here is my blatant exhortation to your M&A committee....this deal can still can go south...please don't let it...you will have only yourselves to blame/be accountable to...don't screw it up...because the ball is truly in your court.

Fraternally,

PapaWoody

Wow, it only took two days after you said you were not one of "those" guys to become one of "those" guys.

By one of "those guys" do you mean one of "those guys" who are speaking the truth?

AirTran pilots are far from assured that they will ever fly a SWA jet. If this SLI gets ugly, Gary will not combine the operations. There is to much at risk for SWA. AirTran pilots will be the 717 (regional) feed for Mainline SWA and the operations will not combine.

Someone should ask your MEC chairman at your LEC meeting next week if you don't believe me. I bet he has some insight and I bet you are shocked by his answer.

By one of "those guys" do you mean one of "those guys" who are speaking the truth?

No, that's not what he meant.

AirTran pilots are far from assured that they will ever fly a SWA jet. If this SLI gets ugly, Gary will not combine the operations. There is to much at risk for SWA. AirTran pilots will be the 717 (regional) feed for Mainline SWA and the operations will not combine.

You may as well wear a sign on your forehead saying "I have no understanding of the Airline business or the law".

Someone should ask your MEC chairman at your LEC meeting next week if you don't believe me.

He's more worried about keeping his job than your fantasy

I bet he has some insight and I bet you are shocked by his answer.

I would never be shocked by any answer he gave.

Any more questions ?

LOL!, Is this a real person or a sock puppet that you get your financial advice from?

I asked my broker to investigate the SWA / AirTran acquisition, thinking I'd throw some play money in the mix, and then he came back with saying there was no smart play in his opinion - other than shorting AAI. He thinks there may be an opportunity shorting AirTran since it will likely crash when the deal falls through. His opinion, of course.

Someone should ask your MEC chairman at your LEC meeting next week if you don't believe me. I bet he has some insight and I bet you are shocked by his answer.

What I mean is that all these threads have gone full retard. SWA pilots puffing out the chest spewing bravado about how great they are. Airtran guys pretending any part of their contract is comparable to the SWA contract. And either side in any way believing that their post is going to change anything or Anybodies mind. Except for bob dylan and cometman and his crew who are just here to stir up the pot because "they don't work at either company but......" . The unions will negotiate, they will agree or it will go to arbitration. Then we will move on. Some people will have hang ups but they usually go through life that way. Now back to your regular scheduled rants.

What I mean is that all these threads have gone full retard. SWA pilots puffing out the chest spewing bravado about how great they are. Airtran guys pretending any part of their contract is comparable to the SWA contract. And either side in any way believing that their post is going to change anything or Anybodies mind. Except for bob dylan and cometman and his crew who are just here to stir up the pot because "they don't work at either company but......" . The unions will negotiate, they will agree or it will go to arbitration. Then we will move on. Some people will have hang ups but they usually go through life that way. Now back to your regular scheduled rants.

We are the only ones that speak the facts. We have nothing to gain or lose. Like I said before, it will start in 1993 and it will be a minimum of 3.5:1 but most likely more. The reason no AAI responds to this is because they know it is the way it will happen. That is the fair way for both. However, the last 700-1000 AAI guys will be on the bottom. Fences and pay protection will be fair. After you factor in the gains for AAI it will most likely be a ratio of 6-8:1.

We are the only ones that speak the facts. We have nothing to gain or lose. Like I said before, it will start in 1993 and it will be a minimum of 3.5:1 but most likely more. The reason no AAI responds to this is because they know it is the way it will happen. That is the fair way for both. However, the last 700-1000 AAI guys will be on the bottom. Fences and pay protection will be fair. After you factor in the gains for AAI it will most likely be a ratio of 6-8:1.
yep you are correct sir! I fully recommend you use that as your closing argument to the arbiter.

I asked my broker to investigate the SWA / AirTran acquisition, thinking I'd throw some play money in the mix, and then he came back with saying there was no smart play in his opinion - other than shorting AAI. He thinks there may be an opportunity shorting AirTran since it will likely crash when the deal falls through. His opinion, of course.

Boy golly!, who would have known that airlines stocks are a risky investment? Wow!, how much do you pay that guy for his wise counsel? Does he have anymore hot obvious tips?

I'm not a broker or a doctor but I'll give you some free advice that I'm sure your physician hasn't told you, smoking is bad for your health.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back