• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran may not give up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where did all this regional stuff come from? We have heard it so much we are all buying into it and it is affecting our jobs, upgrades, and pay! ALPA made a mistake by letting others fly their JETS. It is time to correct that mistake. No more contract flying PERIOD!

It came from Canada. Or, more specifically, Canadair Corporation, as in:

Canadair Regional Jet

It came from Canada. Or, more specifically, Canadair Corporation, as in:

Canadair Regional Jet
It is funny that you say that. I remember when Embraer launched the 145. The desinagtion was EMB-145, EMB-135. Then it was changed to ERJ-145, ERJ-135. Well the 170 and 190 are the EMB-190 and EMB-170 and should stay that way. When you see, COEX flying from Houston to Palm Springs in a EMB-145, there is nothing regional about that route. Don't buy into managements phrases. That name regional has destroyed the industry and the compensation of airline pilots all over the country. Unions wake up and stop being exploited!

United and Delta both have Republic flying contract EMB-170s for them. I don't see any of these aircraft as Regional Jets. This has become a catch phrase that we have allowed management to use against us. These are JET aircraft flying passengers for a 121 carrier period! They should be flown by the mainline carrier period. I don't care if it is REGIONAL or not. In the sixties and seventies and eighties, the DC-9 and the 727 were REGIONAL aircraft. Please someone on here define regional to me! Let us take a little lesson in history. We had mainline carrier and we had commuter. Where did all this regional stuff come from? We have heard it so much we are all buying into it and it is affecting our jobs, upgrades, and pay! ALPA made a mistake by letting others fly their JETS. It is time to correct that mistake. No more contract flying PERIOD!

Well said Eagle.....

newnan... let's fight..

anyway, I agree with you, pay should be no less than the 717. That is our BASE salary...

Current contract limits RJs to 70 seats and 20% of mainline ASMs as long as the mainline fleet is over 100 acft (which it is). If mainline stops growing, as measured on a yearly basis, the RJ's are limited by 75%, ie. the total RJs flying drops to 15% of ASMs.

I hope it doesn't go through . . . . there is no way I could allow that absolute management putz Steve S#@#&@nsk! be senior to me . . . .

I think we should just walk away, let the stock tank, and in 4 or 5 years, they'll be coming to us . . . .

I'd fly an RJ here assuming the pay was fair. I loved flying the CRJ-70.
Right there with ya'.

While the CRJ wasn't as much fun as a Lear or the 727, I'd say it was just as fun to fly as the 717 is.

If we got CRJ's and if the money in the left seat of the CRJ were the same as what our AAI CA's make now with the same schedules and work rules,,,

I hope it doesn't go through . . . . there is no way I could allow that absolute management putz Steve S#@#&@nsk! be senior to me . . . .

I think we should just walk away, let the stock tank, and in 4 or 5 years, they'll be coming to us . . . .

Jesus Ty get over it already. It's sounds like he ran over your puppy. He said some things he shouldn't have and we all know he probably is the only person in the history of man to ever say something they are not proud of. There are a lot of worse people at AirTran and Midwest to worry about. How's my buddy captain captain doing?

Latest resources

Back