• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran may not give up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a conversation with Bob F. (#2) on friday night. He indicated this deal is far from over. I asked what our prognosis would be if this deal does'nt happen. He said we are not in any financial trouble and would continue with our business plan to expand. I think our flexibility is key here. If the medex deal does'nt go, we will move in a different direction.

Fletch

I tend to agree, Airtran management especially Bob F. know what they are doing and I am sure they have plan B.

NO, no, no... that's Plan F.

Haven't you been paying attention? ;) I'm KIDDING! :D

That's really strange about the info you got from your MEC; it must have been different than the Resolution (# 070118-21) or the Fast Read dated 01/25/07. I just read both of those again, and that wasn't in there...?

No, the one I got was dated 01/25 and is labeled "final".

Maybe it wasn't final after all and we only got a draft. Would like to see the newest one if it's more positive. The one we got wasn't necessarily "negative", but it WAS definitely anti-merger/acquisition and didn't mention anything in support of our negotiations.

I'd post it here but since it IS technically an ALPA document, it might be considered proprietary for non-ALPA members. Would have to have one of your MEC members tell me they didn't mind it on a public board.

I had a conversation with Bob F. (#2) on friday night. He indicated this deal is far from over. I asked what our prognosis would be if this deal does'nt happen. He said we are not in any financial trouble and would continue with our business plan to expand. I think our flexibility is key here. If the medex deal does'nt go, we will move in a different direction.

Fletch

As they say, "The only direction left is up!":)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back