Airtran may not give up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right there with ya'.

While the CRJ wasn't as much fun as a Lear or the 727, I'd say it was just as fun to fly as the 717 is.

If we got CRJ's and if the money in the left seat of the CRJ were the same as what our AAI CA's make now with the same schedules and work rules,,,

Oh god..........

I hope it doesn't go through . . . . there is no way I could allow that absolute management putz Steve S#@#&@nsk! be senior to me . . . .

I think we should just walk away, let the stock tank, and in 4 or 5 years, they'll be coming to us . . . .

Priceless.:bawling::bawling::bawling:

That post is taken out of context.

The comments you posted were made after the Midex Pilot Group came out in the media against the merger. . . . . they treated it as a "hostile takeover" in their statements and press releases. I'm sure if the AAI did the same thing towards SWA, you'd be saying something similar to what I did, too . . . . . . . but we're not.

We, the AAI pilors, are completely supportive of this merger, we just want a fair SLI.

Since you brought it up the AAI/MEH thing, most AAI guys were saying that the Midex integration would likely go relative seniority, and no one was griping.

Here's what I said when the merger was announced. Note that I was willing to give Midex guys relative seniority, even you, 400Ahole:

We do have representation, and a pretty sizable M/A contingency fund. If our goal was to wrest something out of it that was more than we should receive (ie, a staple) we have the horsepower to do it . . . . . but is it the right thing to do?

I don't think so. There is a precedent, from the Valujet/AirTran merger, which followed the Allegheny/Mohawk precedent. It will likely be relative seniority, with fences.

See it for yourself:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1208002&postcount=23

Last edited:
Excellent re-post!

I remember we (the Airtran Pilots) were all going through the mental exercise on how we would integrate the Med-ex guys. We were not looking to fluck those guys, we weren't trying to see how many applied to AT, there was no mention of stapling.
In fact I couldn't and didn't find any Airtran Pilot that wasn't looking to be fair.

Thanks for reminding me. Like I needed more reasons (sarcasm) to confirm how BAD that last offer was from SWAPA!

OYS-

Pretty fast and loose with your 'may' and 'if' and 'could'.

Easy to say when it's not your carreer.

Especially when your real hope is for the ultimate FAIL of Swa.

Oh, wait, all you care is about 'fair'. I forgot.

I'm still having trouble understanding why Air Tran guys, who are getting a major bump in pay, bennies and job security also think they should max out on seniority too. By definition, that's a windfall for a single group. Why, particularly when that group is with the arguably poorer and weaker company, is that appropriate? I think that is why the SWAPA peeps are so peeved.

How do justify that?

Last edited:
OYS

Yes we'll do much, much better in arbitration and I'm pretty sure that's where we'll end up.
Some SWA FI posters keep beating the same old drum about pay benefits job security, etc. ALL those things we had with MED EX gents BUT we were NEVER under the mindset to use that to exploit the MED EX guys, that's called integrity for those of you unfamaliar with that term.
But as I have seen many of you SWA regulars will still cry fowl ,and will somehow manipulate this post to say it doesn't apply to you.

I'm still having trouble understanding why Air Tran guys, who are getting a major bump in pay, bennies and job security also think they should max out on seniority too.

"max out on seniority"? You do realize that the proposed list had most of us losing 30 percent of our seniority, right? I would have been mixed in with guys hired almost four years later. That's negative seniority, not maxing out on seniority.

By definition, that's a windfall for a single group. Why, particularly when that group is with the arguably poorer and weaker company, is that appropriate? I think that is why the SWAPA peeps are so peeved.

How do justify that?
A "windfall" , in regards to SLI, is defined as the "taking of something from one group and giving it to the other". So, paying the AAI pilots the going rates at SWA is not a windfall, not in the legal sense. You could say it is an improvement.

You should be aware, too, that SWA plans to reduce our main domicile by over half. That means that the ATL fences and protections would not benefit half of the pilots.

Meanwhile, the displaced half would have been stripped of four years' seniority, effectively stapled to the bottom of our seat's list, where we would remain for most of the decade, until we started acquiring seniority again.

The issue here is seniority, not money. We only want to keep our seniority, not take away any SWA pilot's seniority. How you determine that makes us greedy is beyond me, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back