Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fornaro said FL will grow MKE with bigger RJ's??????? along with 71's and 73's

What would those RJ's be?

He just said they haven't given up on RJ's yet, just in ATL, when asked about FL's previous agreement with Air Wisconsin.

Fornaro said FL will grow MKE with bigger RJ's??????? along with 71's and 73's

What would those RJ's be?

He just said they haven't given up on RJ's yet, just in ATL, when asked about FL's previous agreement with Air Wisconsin.

Good question! That is why it is important for the NPA to get a solid contract that address' scope, and merger protections. More than just pay, I will be evaluating the language of any new contract very closely. The grey areas for bad interpretation must be cleared up.

i didn't say that Bob F. said they would GROW MKE with RJ's. He said that unlike ATL, MKE is a suitable place for them - no gate restraints. Geesh...

And since he said the 50 seat RJ won't work with our fare structure, I was interpreting that to meant larger 70 - 90 seat Rjs...

Well, he said (Bigger RJ's), so it must be bigger than 50 seat, wonder if Airtran is going the Jetblue way with the E190's????

Saw in our company "a-line" report yesterday that we're about 2 years away from having to make another fleet decision. With the 717's being on 18-year leases and 60 more 737-700's coming, the next derivitive of the 737(with the compostie materials like the 787) is being looked at. Joe L. said that while a 717 replacement would be considered Boeing would probably give us a "killer" deal on them as leases start expiring. Kinda like Delta and those MD-88's..we have so many and are basically the only carrier to fly them....if we dump 100+ 717's(assuming the midwest deal) who else would take them?

But then again our oldest 717 is 8 years old so that's still another 10 years.

Well, he said (Bigger RJ's), so it must be bigger than 50 seat, wonder if Airtran is going the Jetblue way with the E190's????

Hey FlyWolf, if the merger does happen, doesn't matter E190s or E170s as long as the airplanes are flown by AirTran Airways' pilots(merged). ABSOLUTELY NO CONTRACTING OUT THESE AIRCRAFT TO ANYONE! The one thing I liked about what JetBlue did was they kept the E190 on their property. Hopefully they can negotiate better pay in the future. But the key is, JetBlue pilots are flying the E190s not a contract carrier. UNIONS PLEASE LEARN this lesson in your negotiations. If the equipment is good for the business, let our pilots fly them and negotiate a rate that will allow the airline to earn money. This is the only way we are going to STOP this contracting out to the lowest bidder and watch our jobs go away. It also increases hiring opportunities for all!

Last edited:
Hey FlyWolf, if the merger does happen, doesn't matter E190s or E170s as long as the airplanes are flown by AirTran Airways' pilots(merged). ABSOLUTELY NO CONTRACTING OUT THESE AIRCRAFT TO ANYONE! The one thing I liked about what JetBlue did was they kept the E190 on their property. Hopefully they can negotiate better pay in the future. But the key is, JetBlue pilots are flying the E190s not a contract carrier. UNIONS PLEASE LEARN this lesson in your negotiations. If the equipment is good for the business, let our pilots fly them and negotiate a rate that will allow the airline to earn money. This is the only way we are going to STOP this contracting out to the lowest bidder and watch our jobs go away. It also increases hiring opportunities for all!

Well said Eagle, I agree with you 300%.

Well,

The E-190 is not a reginal aircraft. While I applaud Jetblue for doing this, I have yet to see CAL, UAL, DAL, or AA farm out (100 seat flying) ie F-100, B737 type flying.

Would JB have flown E-170s at mainline, or would that have been farmed out. Far better comparison in aircraft type.

AAflyer

Not bashing, very happy JB kept it, as many view EMB aircarft as regional aircraft regardless of their size (Big win for management on that train of thought).

i didn't say that Bob F. said they would GROW MKE with RJ's. He said that unlike ATL, MKE is a suitable place for them - no gate restraints. Geesh...

And since he said the 50 seat RJ won't work with our fare structure, I was interpreting that to meant larger 70 - 90 seat Rjs...

Easy Sally, I was typing while you were posting so I didn't even read what you wrote. Listen again, Bob F said that he would grow MKE with bigger RJs, 717s, and 737's.

As far as pay goes, the 170 or 190 should pay what the 71 does.

Well,

The E-190 is not a reginal aircraft. While I applaud Jetblue for doing this, I have yet to see CAL, UAL, DAL, or AA farm out (100 seat flying) ie F-100, B737 type flying.

Would JB have flown E-170s at mainline, or would that have been farmed out. Far better comparison in aircraft type.

AAflyer

Not bashing, very happy JB kept it, as many view EMB aircarft as regional aircraft regardless of their size (Big win for management on that train of thought).

United and Delta both have Republic flying contract EMB-170s for them. I don't see any of these aircraft as Regional Jets. This has become a catch phrase that we have allowed management to use against us. These are JET aircraft flying passengers for a 121 carrier period! They should be flown by the mainline carrier period. I don't care if it is REGIONAL or not. In the sixties and seventies and eighties, the DC-9 and the 727 were REGIONAL aircraft. Please someone on here define regional to me! Let us take a little lesson in history. We had mainline carrier and we had commuter. Where did all this regional stuff come from? We have heard it so much we are all buying into it and it is affecting our jobs, upgrades, and pay! ALPA made a mistake by letting others fly their JETS. It is time to correct that mistake. No more contract flying PERIOD!

Latest resources

Back